Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-02-2009, 10:31 AM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
*ist D question (Flash related)

Just wondering, if I'm shooting in Manual mode, is there a way to adjust the power output of the flash, or is it only full out when shooting in manual?

03-02-2009, 10:39 AM   #2
Pentaxian

It depends on the flash. Some have a way to adjust the power output to full, 1/2, 1/4, ..... Some don't.
03-02-2009, 11:25 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
are you talking internal or external flash.

Note on the *istD the flash can operate in true TTL mode with manual lenses, and you can set exposure compensation
03-02-2009, 07:50 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Lowell Goudge Quote
are you talking internal or external flash.

Note on the *istD the flash can operate in true TTL mode with manual lenses, and you can set exposure compensation
I guess I should have specified. Never thought of that. I was talking about the internal flash. I've been playing with it using my Takumar lenses, and I feel that the flash is overpowering, so I was wondering about adjusting the power. I've got another flash that is triggered by my flash, so I want enough power to trigger it, but not to much to blow out what I'm trying to shoot.

03-03-2009, 07:01 AM   #5
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
you might be better off to simply use a cable from the hot shoe. I know the AF500FTZ and AF540FGZ have one (I own it)

Also, how is the remote flash controlled, Manual only?

If you are in manual on teh remote, deliberately set it up to under expose a little, and then use the camera flash with TTL control to under expose by 1/2 to 1 stop.