Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-06-2009, 12:55 PM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by falconeye Quote
Sidenote: I believe that the K20D, wehen doing an exposure bracket, changes both, aperture and exposure time, at least in M. Doesn't it do it as well in Av?
In Av mode AEB will only change the shutter speed. In M and Tv (and Sv) it will adjust both aperture and shutter... which I find kind of weird, as I'd expect Tv to only adjust aperture. Given the changes to DOF, I'd prefer if AEB simply stuck to shutter speeds and left my opening alone!

-Mark

03-07-2009, 07:34 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by panoguy Quote
In Av mode AEB will only change the shutter speed.
Thanks. So, I'll change my habits and do AEB in Av. If available light permits...
03-22-2009, 09:56 AM   #18

QuoteOriginally posted by falconeye Quote
Auto EV compensation (as I understand it -- and I can be wrong) actually is no compensation. The opposite, actually. It tries to maintain a correct EV exposure value by changing "the other parameter" if the predefined paramater (exposure time or aperture) has reached its limiting value.
Hi, thanks for all the info, i have been wondering about this feature too. It sounds like a good life-saver if you have your settings set for what you're planning to take, and then you catch something else under very different lighting (eg. behind you or in the sky) that you want to snap instantly and you've got only a split second to do it before losing the opportunity.