Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-06-2009, 03:43 PM   #16
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Gimbal Quote
That’s what I think too, but there are always those who don’t agree.
I'm not saying "I'm right, you're wrong". I'm saying, I have a position for which I have evidence, and in the absence of better evidence, I see no reason to believe the contrary.

I've read dozens of speculative "I've never seen it, but on the basis of some highly imaginative hypothetical mechanism for which there is no actual evidence, I believe it" type of reports, but not a single one bringing hard evidence to the table.

Design an experiment that excludes all the extraneous effects, make some measurements, and present the evidence for peer review.

Then let's talk again.

03-06-2009, 03:46 PM   #17
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Timd Quote
I also think the bottom line is that you should not have any shake while on a tripod!
Leaving aside all the speculation, this is incorrect.

Even on the tripod, if you release the shutter in one of the non-delayed modes, by pressing the shutter release button with your finger, the shake so induced (even if you're careful) is very real, and easily seen in the results.
03-07-2009, 04:38 AM   #18
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by ChrisA Quote
I'm not saying "I'm right, you're wrong". I'm saying, I have a position for which I have evidence, and in the absence of better evidence, I see no reason to believe the contrary.

I've read dozens of speculative "I've never seen it, but on the basis of some highly imaginative hypothetical mechanism for which there is no actual evidence, I believe it" type of reports, but not a single one bringing hard evidence to the table.

Design an experiment that excludes all the extraneous effects, make some measurements, and present the evidence for peer review.

Then let's talk again.
My comment wasn’t meant as a stab at you, or anyone else for that matter. I only meant that there is no “absolute truth” out there in which everyone agrees.

I can however contribute with a small observation regarding shooting before SR is ready.
I start the camera without a lens mounted, 3 seconds exposure, 300mm focal length and holding the camera by hand. Then I observe how the sensor moves depending on how fast I am on the shutter.
It looks to me as if SR isn’t ready the sensor doesn’t move at all, which makes sense. So if one is to fast on the shutter the result is the same as if SR was off, not worse.