Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-04-2007, 04:36 PM   #16
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
are you using the grip?
I used to have exposure problems (some times all black frame or an all white frame) and once I took the battery out of the grip and put it in the body, my K10 hasn't skipped a beat since.
not sure if it is the grip or the software in the camera that controls the voltage from the grip that is the problem, though.

hope this helps

randy

04-05-2007, 07:48 AM   #17

Mine does that Too!

I have had that problem since new. IF I take the battery out or cycle the power a few times it works OK for the rest of the day. If it sits over 24 hours with the battery in I get nothing but blank shots untill I cycle the power. Pentax said send it in for repair. I have been using it this way for about a month and will send it in after Easter.
04-05-2007, 08:26 AM   #18

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by slipchuck Quote
are you using the grip?
I used to have exposure problems (some times all black frame or an all white frame) and once I took the battery out of the grip and put it in the body, my K10 hasn't skipped a beat since.
not sure if it is the grip or the software in the camera that controls the voltage from the grip that is the problem, though.

hope this helps

randy
Thanks for suggestion. Yes, I use the grip and frankly I didn't thought it could be the weak spot. I'll see if I can catch the problem 'by the hand'.
04-05-2007, 08:35 AM   #19

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Bassfishman Quote
I have had that problem since new. IF I take the battery out or cycle the power a few times it works OK for the rest of the day. If it sits over 24 hours with the battery in I get nothing but blank shots untill I cycle the power. Pentax said send it in for repair. I have been using it this way for about a month and will send it in after Easter.
I'm depressed to think of changing the camera. Mainly because I got it from Paris and they are still to send me my worldwide guarantee. Yes it's stupid of me. But I hope it just takes time, nothing more.

04-05-2007, 01:59 PM   #20
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Bassfishman Quote
what does "cycle the power" mean?
did you have to take the grip back for the K10?
I have been waiting for my sigma dg 500 super flash for close to 2 months and I don't think I could go without the K10 that long

randy
04-05-2007, 02:01 PM   #21
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by nekhezin Quote
I'm depressed to think of changing the camera. Mainly because I got it from Paris and they are still to send me my worldwide guarantee. Yes it's stupid of me. But I hope it just takes time, nothing more.
have you figured out that the battery in the grip is the problem?

thanks

randy
04-06-2007, 08:31 AM   #22

I do not have a grip. So I do not think it is related.
04-06-2007, 09:20 AM   #23
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Time for an Exchange.

If it is under a week or so old, take it back for an exchange. This should NOT be happening...It is under warranty and you shouldn't have to live with a camera that is giving you this kind of insecurity. It should be replaced!

Ben

04-07-2007, 12:24 AM   #24

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by slipchuck Quote
have you figured out that the battery in the grip is the problem?

thanks

randy
I'm trying to figure that out now and for the moment it looks very much like the problem is in the grip itself, not the battery. I'm still not sure for 100% but the camera seems to work (start up) ok with the grip detached. When I attach the grip - regardless of a batteries priority setting - the camera starts the same tricks again.