Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-04-2007, 04:36 PM   #16
Site Supporter
slip's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: 2 hours north of toronto ontario canada
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 3,533
are you using the grip?
I used to have exposure problems (some times all black frame or an all white frame) and once I took the battery out of the grip and put it in the body, my K10 hasn't skipped a beat since.
not sure if it is the grip or the software in the camera that controls the voltage from the grip that is the problem, though.

hope this helps

randy

04-05-2007, 07:48 AM   #17
New Member




Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 10
Mine does that Too!

I have had that problem since new. IF I take the battery out or cycle the power a few times it works OK for the rest of the day. If it sits over 24 hours with the battery in I get nothing but blank shots untill I cycle the power. Pentax said send it in for repair. I have been using it this way for about a month and will send it in after Easter.
04-05-2007, 08:26 AM   #18
New Member




Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Moscow
Posts: 13
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by slipchuck Quote
are you using the grip?
I used to have exposure problems (some times all black frame or an all white frame) and once I took the battery out of the grip and put it in the body, my K10 hasn't skipped a beat since.
not sure if it is the grip or the software in the camera that controls the voltage from the grip that is the problem, though.

hope this helps

randy
Thanks for suggestion. Yes, I use the grip and frankly I didn't thought it could be the weak spot. I'll see if I can catch the problem 'by the hand'.
04-05-2007, 08:35 AM   #19
New Member




Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Moscow
Posts: 13
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Bassfishman Quote
I have had that problem since new. IF I take the battery out or cycle the power a few times it works OK for the rest of the day. If it sits over 24 hours with the battery in I get nothing but blank shots untill I cycle the power. Pentax said send it in for repair. I have been using it this way for about a month and will send it in after Easter.
I'm depressed to think of changing the camera. Mainly because I got it from Paris and they are still to send me my worldwide guarantee. Yes it's stupid of me. But I hope it just takes time, nothing more.

04-05-2007, 01:59 PM   #20
Site Supporter
slip's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: 2 hours north of toronto ontario canada
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 3,533
QuoteOriginally posted by Bassfishman Quote
I have had that problem since new. IF I take the battery out or cycle the power a few times it works OK for the rest of the day. If it sits over 24 hours with the battery in I get nothing but blank shots untill I cycle the power. Pentax said send it in for repair. I have been using it this way for about a month and will send it in after Easter.
what does "cycle the power" mean?
did you have to take the grip back for the K10?
I have been waiting for my sigma dg 500 super flash for close to 2 months and I don't think I could go without the K10 that long

randy
04-05-2007, 02:01 PM   #21
Site Supporter
slip's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: 2 hours north of toronto ontario canada
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 3,533
QuoteOriginally posted by nekhezin Quote
I'm depressed to think of changing the camera. Mainly because I got it from Paris and they are still to send me my worldwide guarantee. Yes it's stupid of me. But I hope it just takes time, nothing more.
have you figured out that the battery in the grip is the problem?

thanks

randy
04-06-2007, 08:31 AM   #22
New Member




Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 10
I do not have a grip. So I do not think it is related.
04-06-2007, 09:20 AM   #23
Veteran Member
benjikan's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Paris, France
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 4,312
Time for an Exchange.

If it is under a week or so old, take it back for an exchange. This should NOT be happening...It is under warranty and you shouldn't have to live with a camera that is giving you this kind of insecurity. It should be replaced!

Ben

04-07-2007, 12:24 AM   #24
New Member




Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Moscow
Posts: 13
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by slipchuck Quote
have you figured out that the battery in the grip is the problem?

thanks

randy
I'm trying to figure that out now and for the moment it looks very much like the problem is in the grip itself, not the battery. I'm still not sure for 100% but the camera seems to work (start up) ok with the grip detached. When I attach the grip - regardless of a batteries priority setting - the camera starts the same tricks again.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, dslr, photography
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
K10D problem - won't start at all koester Pentax DSLR Discussion 8 02-03-2010 08:39 PM
How to start? Just got my KX... ITech Troubleshooting and Beginner Help 19 12-29-2009 08:30 PM
K10d got wet, won't start. cyclocross Pentax DSLR Discussion 16 12-08-2008 07:21 PM
Newbie start up :K100d super or K10D Siver Surfer Troubleshooting and Beginner Help 12 03-21-2008 02:21 PM
Start here... jfdavis58 Digital Processing, Software, and Printing 20 12-21-2006 08:11 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:05 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top