Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-06-2009, 02:37 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Piece of dust/lint behind Km lcd screen

Hi folks,

I feel kinda silly posting about this honestly. I just bought a K2000 as a back up to my K20D and when looking at the lcd while shooting outside today I notice a piece of lint or very small thread is trapped behind the protective covering over the lcd. I've not seen this before on my cameras and was just wondering if this is an indication that more will accumulate over time because of a weak seal. Should I replace it or just forget about it. It certainly doesn't impact the actual photographs in any way.

Cheers,

FM

03-06-2009, 02:54 PM   #2
Damn Brit

It's a new modification Pentax are testing out.

But seriously, if the camera is working fine apart from that, keep it. If you change it, there might be problems of a different kind with the new one. You have until the warranty runs out, why not wait and see, if more stuff gets in there then maybe it isn't as well sealed as it could be, if no more stuff gets in there, it probably happened at the factory.
03-06-2009, 03:09 PM   #3
Inactive Account

Original Poster
That's kind of what I was thinking as well. Thank you for the reply.