Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-09-2009, 02:03 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Which eyecup is this?

03-09-2009, 02:11 AM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Looks like the O-ME53 magnifying viewfinder.

I have used it , but I didn't find it enough of an advantage. You cannot see all the information in the viewfinder without moving your eyepoint and the magnification isn't that great. It would be useful for static macro work I would assume.
03-09-2009, 02:25 AM   #3
Pentaxian

I have one back ordered, I use alot of very fast manual focus lenses, it should be useful in conjunction with the katz -eye.
03-09-2009, 02:40 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
For some reason I don't think that's what it is. The top lip is much higher on this one.

03-09-2009, 05:11 AM   #5

I have one on my k100, and yes it looks like this one
03-09-2009, 01:26 PM   #6
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by jct us101 Quote
For some reason I don't think that's what it is. The top lip is much higher on this one.
Not from where I sit. I'm looking at my O-ME53 on my K200D, and looking at the picture, and I don't see any difference.

FWIW, I can see why people would not be too impressed with it. I wasn't at first either. But the more I use it, the more I am convinced it really does make enough of a difference to be worth the slightly akwardness of not always being able to see the whole frame at once (I wear glasses, which doesn't help).
03-09-2009, 01:32 PM   #7
Lens Buying Addict

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Marc Sabatella Quote
Not from where I sit. I'm looking at my O-ME53 on my K200D, and looking at the picture, and I don't see any difference.

FWIW, I can see why people would not be too impressed with it. I wasn't at first either. But the more I use it, the more I am convinced it really does make enough of a difference to be worth the slightly akwardness of not always being able to see the whole frame at once (I wear glasses, which doesn't help).
It appears to me to be the O-ME53. FWIW, I use an old SMC +2 Correction Diopter and take my glasses off. This has the beneficial effect of keeping me from using the LCD to Chimp my shots (I'd have to out my glasses back on to look at the LCD).

Photography is much more like the film days now, when I didn't know what would come out of the lab. Makes me much more careful.

I use the O-ME53 and my glasses for tripod macro work - and it helps a lot for that.