Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-05-2007, 12:47 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
On Line at Pentax Shortly

Just wanted to announce that in about ten days, I will be online on the official Pentax Web Site at : http://www.pentax.fr/

Another Site: http://www.benjikan.ftvstudio.com/

What do you think?

Ben

04-05-2007, 03:34 AM   #2
Inactive Account

Hi Ben, and thanks for all your support on this site. It's good to have a "mediator" between Pentax & the public. At least we feel as if they're listening!

As for your website, I'll answer honestly as you asked:

I feel it's a bit too fancy/busy and doesn't tell us enough about your work. I understand the images should speak for themselves but perhaps a small paragraph on what you're trying to portray or how you've achieved the image (without letting go of your secrets) might help.

Then again, it also depends who you've set the site up for, i.e. photographers, or fashion houses or ???

Love your images though. Maybe more info on what you're trying to do will help.
04-05-2007, 04:20 AM   #3
Inactive Account

Lovely work. The site is quite 'elaborate'? and categories (headings for the diff campaigns) would be good from a user point of view... but you know what... your shots are elaborate and they're all fashion shots anyway so you don't need to worry about all that... it works just fine! I design websites for a living so there's an official stamp of approval for you should you like one

The Menu text was a bit unpleasant but that could be changed easy enough. Did you use a ready made Flash template? They are very useful for this purpose and I advise people to use them (and customise them of course) rather than go to town on getting a bespoke portfolio built... after all it's the content that counts.

Well done.. the main thing is thatit's up there and working for you... one day i'll get my own portfolio sorted!

Christian
04-05-2007, 05:06 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Internet Intent

QuoteOriginally posted by Phil Taylor Quote
Hi Ben, and thanks for all your support on this site. It's good to have a "mediator" between Pentax & the public. At least we feel as if they're listening!

As for your website, I'll answer honestly as you asked:

I feel it's a bit too fancy/busy and doesn't tell us enough about your work. I understand the images should speak for themselves but perhaps a small paragraph on what you're trying to portray or how you've achieved the image (without letting go of your secrets) might help.

Then again, it also depends who you've set the site up for, i.e. photographers, or fashion houses or ???

Love your images though. Maybe more info on what you're trying to do will help.
Put simply...To generate work!

Tnaks for the critique. Appereciated.

Ben

04-05-2007, 10:52 AM   #5
Veteran Member

I found the website very easy to navigate and elegant looking. I also liked the music, it was upbeat but not distracting. About the only suggestion I can think of is a volume control for the music.
04-05-2007, 11:31 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Very nice! Easy to navigate ... and what I liked, the pictures were in main role.

One minor point. In my monitor the font in menu was not clear and it was a little bit hard to read.