Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-10-2009, 09:22 AM   #1
Veteran Member

mirror lock up

is it possible in a K20D to have the mirror stay in the up position and then just operate the shutter at will, using a cable release (i'm assuming)?

03-10-2009, 09:42 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
MLU on the K20D (and K10D) is accomplished via the 2sec and 12sec shutter delay drive modes via the Fn menu. The mirror locks up during the duration of the delay and flips down after the shutter closes.

Sensor Cleaning function in the Set-up menu also locks the mirror up, but it is highly ineffective for taking photos. LOL
03-10-2009, 09:46 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
no, i am aware of that.

i want the mirror to stay up and not come down while consecutively taking shots.
03-10-2009, 10:13 AM   #4
Veteran Member

That is not supported by the firmware. Burst mode would be the closest (and I use the term loosely) thing to it but the camera is constantly making frames at 21fps while the shutter release is activated.

edit: I forgot about LiveView. That does lock up the mirror when you pull the DOF Preview lever and it remains locked up (from what I can tell) until you pull the lever again. I never use liveview so didn't even think about it.

Last edited by Venturi; 03-10-2009 at 10:21 AM.
03-11-2009, 06:42 AM   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Venturi Quote
That is not supported by the firmware. Burst mode would be the closest (and I use the term loosely) thing to it but the camera is constantly making frames at 21fps while the shutter release is activated.

edit: I forgot about LiveView. That does lock up the mirror when you pull the DOF Preview lever and it remains locked up (from what I can tell) until you pull the lever again. I never use liveview so didn't even think about it.
That's correct. But as soon as you press the release button fully to shoot, the mirror goes through its up/down operation again locking up after that to continue with LView.

RuiC
03-11-2009, 07:02 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Gooshin Quote
is it possible in a K20D to have the mirror stay in the up position and then just operate the shutter at will, using a cable release (i'm assuming)?
Nope. Wishlisted it already in the thread in the news forum.
03-11-2009, 08:02 AM   #7
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by RuiC Quote
That's correct. But as soon as you press the release button fully to shoot, the mirror goes through its up/down operation again locking up after that to continue with LView.

RuiC
I just did a quick test on it yesterday and *thought* the number of slap-slaps sounded like that was happening but wasn't positive and didn't feel like risking dust on the sensor from taking the lens to re-test.
03-11-2009, 09:02 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Does it needs to lower the mirror before shot, during live view, if you do not activate the focus (or use manual focus) with locked (or manual) exposure.