Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-11-2009, 08:39 PM   #1

K-M looks like a great success

While all the goldilocks are complaining about too little sensor, too much sensor... it appears the K-M is kicking butt.

Just go to Amazon and look at the sales rank among DSLRs. The K-M is #4. This is the world's largest online marketplace and a really good realtime metric on marketshare.

Here's another surprise... the K20D (#12) is doing better than the 50D (#17), and only slightly behind the D300 (#10). Olympus doesn't show up until #20 and Sony doesn't show up until #24. Now, I know that this doesn't account for bricks and mortar retail sales and the sheer shelf space that Canikon has, but I think the price reductions and the timing of the K-M was perfect. Plus with the 645D, they will have a flagship model to keep the prestige factor.

03-11-2009, 09:27 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I wonder if that's not because of the insane K-m deal ($399 with flash and kit lens) that went on yesterday? As much as I think the K-m is a great little entry model that can see eye-to-eye with any other in that market segment today, I just don't seeing it as really kicking butt sales-wise.