Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-06-2007, 05:33 AM   #1

How did I do that?

I have been playing with settings in my new K10D, and somehow (to my delight) I got the ISO/remaining shots roles reversed.

Normally, I remember that most modes would show remaining shots (Sv and TAv would show ISO) all the time in status LCD and viewfinder, and display ISO when you press the OK button.

My camera shows now ISO for all modes, both in status LCD and viewfinder (I actually like it much more this way), and pressing OK gives the remaining shots.

Has anyone else observed this? How does one change this behavior (just in case it goes back to the original)?

Thanks,

EZ

04-06-2007, 06:44 AM   #2
Veteran Member

I wish that I knew what you did .
04-06-2007, 07:47 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by eduzabo Quote
I have been playing with settings in my new K10D, and somehow (to my delight) I got the ISO/remaining shots roles reversed.

Normally, I remember that most modes would show remaining shots (Sv and TAv would show ISO) all the time in status LCD and viewfinder, and display ISO when you press the OK button.

This happens when the mode dial is set to TAv. That's the option where you set the shutter speed and aperture, but let the camera figure out which ISO gets the best exposure (within the range that you define).

If you're seeing the ISO not just in TAv but in all modes, well, I don't know what you did. I would poke around in the custom settings menus.

Will

PS I really like the TAv mode. I use it now when I'm shooting indoor sports.
04-06-2007, 12:20 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Did you set the 'e-dials in xx mode' to change the ISO directly using one of the two wheels?

04-07-2007, 06:37 AM   #5

Original Poster
Ahhhh....

You got it, Kunzite.

It is NOT in all modes.

If one change sthe default behavior of the e-dials (I did that for both the Av and Tv modes) to have ISO control, then the ISO is displayed instead of the remaining number of shots.

The remaining number of shots remains there for Green, Program and Manual modes.

I really like having it in Av mode - my favorite one.

Happy Easter/Passover and Happy Shooting this weekend to all,

EZ