Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-06-2007, 07:29 AM   #1
Inactive Account




Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 364
What I Like and don't

Well i think it is about time to look back and reflect on how i feel about my K10D after 4 months and and 6000 or so shots.

What i like:

Speed and performance

The K10 feels like a F1 car compared to the DS, it also appears to be quicker in operation the the 20D by a large margin.

AF speed

The camera AF faster and more accurately then any previous Pentax that i have used, and as fast as the Canon and Nikon's that i have used.

Metering

The Matrix meter works a treat, i have had absolutely no issues with the metering it is accurate, have used many bracketed shots and the one that has turned out best has always been the middle shot, which is the metered one.

AF button

Invaluable to cancel AF, comes in handy especially with DA (DFA) lenses with Quick Shift.

Hyper Program

Always a crowd favourite

Weather Sealing

Have used my K10D in situations that i would never have even thought of taking my Z1 or DA out of the bag.

AF and Metering Selection Dial

Nice to have a dial that i can quickly change these, the metering dial is less then useful to me as i am finding the matrix is accurate enough for me. Very handy though for the changing of the AF between centre and select.


Now what I don't like

No AF button on the Grip

The Vertical grip is too shallow

On the back of the grip there is no grippy rubbery stuff where the thumb goes.

Low battery response.


Anyone else have any quick thoughts.

04-06-2007, 08:03 AM   #2
Pentaxian




Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: West Chester, PA
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,420
QuoteOriginally posted by Cideway Quote
Now what I don't like

No AF button on the Grip

The Vertical grip is too shallow

On the back of the grip there is no grippy rubbery stuff where the thumb goes.

Low battery response.


Anyone else have any quick thoughts.
I don't have complaints about either the grip or the battery. What sorts of battery response issues are you having?
04-06-2007, 11:28 AM   #3
Veteran Member




Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Virginia Beach VA USA
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,364
QuoteOriginally posted by Cideway Quote
AF and Metering Selection Dial

Nice to have a dial that i can quickly change these, the metering dial is less then useful to me as i am finding the matrix is accurate enough for me. Very handy though for the changing of the AF between centre and select.
Interesting, I'm just the opposite. I pretty much leave the AF on Center, and recompose, but I constantly am shifting from Matrix to spot and back. In fact, this is the very reason I'm not putting a Katz Eye screen in. I'm useing spot metering to often. Nice to have both options though.

I also like being able to quickly change ISO with the OK button and front e-dial, rather than menu diving.
04-06-2007, 06:23 PM   #4
Inactive Account




Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 364
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by carpents Quote
I don't have complaints about either the grip or the battery. What sorts of battery response issues are you having?
When the battery gets low, under 100 shots remaining, AF accuracy goes, the SR causes more problems then it is worth, the Continuous shooting becomes unpredictable, my FA 50 f1.4 becomes unsable. Pop the battery(ies) on to charge and all the problems go away.

QuoteOriginally posted by roscot Quote
Interesting, I'm just the opposite. I pretty much leave the AF on Center, and recompose, but I constantly am shifting from Matrix to spot and back. In fact, this is the very reason I'm not putting a Katz Eye screen in. I'm useing spot metering to often. Nice to have both options though.

I also like being able to quickly change ISO with the OK button and front e-dial, rather than menu diving.
As i do a lot of work where i am locked on a tripod, there is no option to recompose, so i have to use other points.

I am also finding that the Auto ISO range of 100-400 is serving me well enough.


Last edited by Cideway; 04-06-2007 at 06:53 PM.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
af, button, camera, da, dslr, grip, k10d, matrix, photography, shots
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Nature Don't Feck With Me! donallison13 Post Your Photos! 1 11-02-2010 09:10 PM
Nature Don't Feck With Me! donallison13 Post Your Photos! 1 11-02-2010 06:27 PM
HI,I'm Don Dryer d-dryer Welcomes and Introductions 3 11-10-2009 07:47 PM
Don Neal donneal Welcomes and Introductions 2 01-25-2009 05:10 PM
Don in Louisville craftsmansky Welcomes and Introductions 3 10-28-2007 04:21 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:15 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top