Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-14-2009, 03:49 PM   #1

Remote Assistance and K20D

I have downloaded the latest version of remote assistance and it wont find my K20D when I hook it up to my pc via the usb cable.

I am using windows vista 32 bit and each time I turn on my camera a pop up window comes up for me to select a way to transfer my files. RA is not listed as an option.

I have searched the user manual for the K20D and it doesn't say anything about how to use remote assistance. I have also looked at the help menu in RA and it just says to hook up the camera via the usb and turn it on.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

03-14-2009, 04:08 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
LOL. I hit this problem just a few weeks ago and posted about it and someone was kind enough to tell me how to fix it, so now I have to continue the karma :-)

It's that damned Vista UAC crap. Set up an icon on your desktop to run that as Administrator. You'd think Pentax's software would have installed this way but noooo....
03-14-2009, 04:12 PM   #3

Original Poster
Oh holy hell, I should of known that. Numerous programs require administrator privileges enabled to work in vista.

LOL, thank you for the help
03-14-2009, 04:37 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by kenyee Quote
It's that damned Vista UAC crap.
Ooohh! I've pretty much gotten Vista tamed (knock on wood), but I wrestled with this for several months. I finally gave up, reinstalled Vista from the manufacturer's disc and skipped all the bloatware. Plus, I turned off all the "hand holding" security like the UAC. After I did all that, Vista has been pretty nice.