Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-06-2007, 06:13 PM   #1
Senior Member
matix's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 239
K10D and AF-360FGZ anomoly

Hi all.. need help with a question. I have a K10D and the AF-360FGZ flash which for some reason does not work always as described in the manual.

The problem is, with all the right settings on the camera and the flash the Auto Zoom setting for P-TTL will not set from Manual Zoom automatically, nor can it be set by the Zoom button as instructed.

The next time I use the camera, is seems to be fine. I can not remember changing any setting, using P mode or Green mode there is no difference.

The P-TTL is on fine, and the flash works fine, but without the Auto Zoom on the flash being set, the flash zoom does not. I have a second flash, same problem.

Anyone seen this before?

04-06-2007, 06:37 PM   #2
Veteran Member




Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,299
Not sure if I understand your problem exactly, but Auto Zoom has been working fine so far for me.
04-06-2007, 07:16 PM   #3
Senior Member
matix's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 239
Original Poster
A.Zoom not working on AF-360FZ

QuoteOriginally posted by nosnoop Quote
Not sure if I understand your problem exactly, but Auto Zoom has been working fine so far for me.
Simple to explain.. set camera as normal, put on the external flash and turn it on. It should, and sometime does, set the Zoom mode to A.Zoom. Right now, it sets to M.Zoom and the flash zoom in the head does not move.

Is on P-TTL and all settings are by the book and as done before.

Weird.
04-07-2007, 04:38 AM   #4
Veteran Member
philmorley's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: in a house in Armidale, Australia
Posts: 472
QuoteOriginally posted by matix Quote
Hi all.. need help with a question. I have a K10D and the AF-360FGZ flash which for some reason does not work always as described in the manual.

The problem is, with all the right settings on the camera and the flash the Auto Zoom setting for P-TTL will not set from Manual Zoom automatically, nor can it be set by the Zoom button as instructed.

The next time I use the camera, is seems to be fine. I can not remember changing any setting, using P mode or Green mode there is no difference.

The P-TTL is on fine, and the flash works fine, but without the Auto Zoom on the flash being set, the flash zoom does not. I have a second flash, same problem.

Anyone seen this before?

is the diffuser down / bounce card out having it down will down will stop zooming (catches me out regularly

phil

04-07-2007, 05:25 AM   #5
Inactive Account




Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Winter Springs, FL
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 141
One member here recently had problems with multiple copies of this flash. Similar problems which each copy. Not sure if he ever got it resolved satisfactorly.

Walt
04-07-2007, 01:34 PM   #6
Senior Member
matix's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 239
Original Poster
Problem Solved - Thanks Phil

QuoteOriginally posted by philmorley Quote
is the diffuser down / bounce card out having it down will down will stop zooming (catches me out regularly

phil
That was the problem, if the diffuser or white bounce card is out, the flash zoom A.Zoom no longer can be enabled. Makes sense, would have been nice to have that in the manual...Thanks!!!!

All sorted now.

Phil
04-07-2007, 04:18 PM   #7
Senior Member
matix's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 239
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by matix Quote
That was the problem, if the diffuser or white bounce card is out, the flash zoom A.Zoom no longer can be enabled. Makes sense, would have been nice to have that in the manual...Thanks!!!!

All sorted now.

Phil
And another oops.. it is mentioned in the manual, but only in relationship to the Bounce card and Diffuser usage. Pages 17 and 53,
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
af-360fgz, auto, camera, dslr, flash, k10d, mode, p-ttl, photography
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
For Sale - Sold: All Brand New: K10D, K20D, AF-360fgz! PrimeObjectif Sold Items 22 05-15-2009 11:14 AM
For Sale - Sold: K10D body (AF-360FGZ Flash too if wanted) mrpackerguy Sold Items 2 10-09-2008 01:50 PM
k10d and flash af-360fgz enrod666 Pentax DSLR Discussion 8 06-13-2008 04:52 PM
K10d Anomoly? Or me? Bramela Pentax DSLR Discussion 16 03-02-2008 04:29 AM
360FGZ or 540FGZ for a K10D calicojack Pentax Camera and Field Accessories 8 09-02-2007 11:22 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:50 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top