Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-06-2007, 06:13 PM   #1

K10D and AF-360FGZ anomoly

Hi all.. need help with a question. I have a K10D and the AF-360FGZ flash which for some reason does not work always as described in the manual.

The problem is, with all the right settings on the camera and the flash the Auto Zoom setting for P-TTL will not set from Manual Zoom automatically, nor can it be set by the Zoom button as instructed.

The next time I use the camera, is seems to be fine. I can not remember changing any setting, using P mode or Green mode there is no difference.

The P-TTL is on fine, and the flash works fine, but without the Auto Zoom on the flash being set, the flash zoom does not. I have a second flash, same problem.

Anyone seen this before?

04-06-2007, 06:37 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Not sure if I understand your problem exactly, but Auto Zoom has been working fine so far for me.
04-06-2007, 07:16 PM   #3

Original Poster
A.Zoom not working on AF-360FZ

QuoteOriginally posted by nosnoop Quote
Not sure if I understand your problem exactly, but Auto Zoom has been working fine so far for me.
Simple to explain.. set camera as normal, put on the external flash and turn it on. It should, and sometime does, set the Zoom mode to A.Zoom. Right now, it sets to M.Zoom and the flash zoom in the head does not move.

Is on P-TTL and all settings are by the book and as done before.

Weird.
04-07-2007, 04:38 AM   #4
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by matix Quote
Hi all.. need help with a question. I have a K10D and the AF-360FGZ flash which for some reason does not work always as described in the manual.

The problem is, with all the right settings on the camera and the flash the Auto Zoom setting for P-TTL will not set from Manual Zoom automatically, nor can it be set by the Zoom button as instructed.

The next time I use the camera, is seems to be fine. I can not remember changing any setting, using P mode or Green mode there is no difference.

The P-TTL is on fine, and the flash works fine, but without the Auto Zoom on the flash being set, the flash zoom does not. I have a second flash, same problem.

Anyone seen this before?

is the diffuser down / bounce card out having it down will down will stop zooming (catches me out regularly

phil

04-07-2007, 05:25 AM   #5
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
One member here recently had problems with multiple copies of this flash. Similar problems which each copy. Not sure if he ever got it resolved satisfactorly.

Walt
04-07-2007, 01:34 PM   #6

Original Poster
Problem Solved - Thanks Phil

QuoteOriginally posted by philmorley Quote
is the diffuser down / bounce card out having it down will down will stop zooming (catches me out regularly

phil
That was the problem, if the diffuser or white bounce card is out, the flash zoom A.Zoom no longer can be enabled. Makes sense, would have been nice to have that in the manual...Thanks!!!!

All sorted now.

Phil
04-07-2007, 04:18 PM   #7

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by matix Quote
That was the problem, if the diffuser or white bounce card is out, the flash zoom A.Zoom no longer can be enabled. Makes sense, would have been nice to have that in the manual...Thanks!!!!

All sorted now.

Phil
And another oops.. it is mentioned in the manual, but only in relationship to the Bounce card and Diffuser usage. Pages 17 and 53,