Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-07-2007, 09:01 AM   #16
Ole
Administrator

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Lens elements out of alignment?

QuoteOriginally posted by little laker Quote
I agree with Ole, but I just can't see Clarence making that mistake.

Personally I'd just try a few different lenses. I had similar problems while trying to use 1 lens, and kept blaming myself. When I gave up on it and bought a replacement I was suddenly getting good pic's again
Perhaps one or more lens elements are out of alignment? In this case the image might still look sharp in the finder as Clarence has experienced, but when blown up it is unsharp?

04-07-2007, 12:41 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by clarenceclose Quote
OK more good inputs.

Yes I was outdoors and with the 2 second delay I had my eye away from the viewfinder to let the camera do its best so the opportunity for light to enter there is very possible.

Will reshoot f8 & f11 with same setup.

Will also take a look at the diopter setting.

Thanks all. Will get back with other results. I really appreciate the inputs.
Is AS automatically off at MLU setting? Was is manually shut off. Probably not a likely cause but you could add it to the "possibilities" that you shoud shut AS off manually. Longshot at best but ????
Think K10 has a MTF priority mode. Worth a shot to let the camera decide "best fit" aperature.
04-07-2007, 04:46 PM   #18
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Did as suggested f8-f11, darkened eyepiece to prevent backlight, checked diopter (OK as original) and shot came out much better. Still not macro lense quality but quite a bit better.

Thank you all very much for the guidance.
04-07-2007, 05:12 PM   #19
Veteran Member

I know that you'll get the feel of it pretty fast Clarence, and be teaching us a bunch of lessons again in no time.

04-07-2007, 06:51 PM   #20
Forum Member

I have a 50mm f1.7 auto-focus, so I was a little disturbed when you posted this. I duplicated your original method and actually had a couple of bad images. I then readjusted my diopter, use both auto-focus and manual, picked a none movable subject(wind), Tripod, no Anti-Shake, mirror lock up. Everything was perfect. Thank you, all for the tips, I know they were for Clarence, but I do appreciate them.
04-07-2007, 10:53 PM   #21
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by slipchuck Quote
Is it possible that the flowers moved ever so slightly? at that shutter, it wouldn't take much to make a very slight motion blur.
That was my first thought too - that perhaps you had even the slightest breeze and it knocked your flowers for a loop.

maybe diffraction had a role, but I don't think it did this all by itself. Would f/22 cause that much blurriness? I really have to do a few tests on this type of thing to find out how my lenses do in real world shots. (I know all the performance reviews always say lenses resolves less lines at the extreme apertures etc...)

Last edited by khardur; 04-08-2007 at 12:30 AM. Reason: haha having bad grammar day!
04-08-2007, 06:09 AM   #22
Forum Member

Did you put the SR on the camera to off, when i use tripod and let the SR to on i have this kind of trouble

Maybe it can help

Norm