Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-16-2009, 09:27 PM   #1

K20D Focus Indicator Lights Misaligned?

I just got a new K20D as an upgrade for my K10D. One thing I noticed right off as a difference, is that the focus indicator lights on the K20D are slightly lower than on the K10D.

By way of illustration, here is sort of what I see when set it to the center point. The dash and the underscore represent the indicator light.

K10D ( - ) K20D ( _ )

Another data point is that, with the viewfinder firmly planted, if I move only my eye to look directly at the far left indicator light it disappears. If I am looking straight ahead I am able to see this light. Again this is a stark contrast to my K10D in which all the lights are bright on consistent no matter where I look in the viewfinder.

It seems like something is misaligned. I am planning to call Pentax tomorrow and see what they say before I decide what to do. Does anyone else with a K20D see something similar?

03-16-2009, 10:18 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I have a K100D and took it for a walk about a week ago. As I walked the camera hung around my neck bouncing on my big 'ol belly... I stopped to take a shot and as I peered into the viewfinder my focus indicator light was all the way in the bottom corner of the focus guide! I was feeling pretty ill, but I popped the batteries out, waited 10 seconds put 'em back in and the indicator went back to where it belonged.

That's all I got...

Regards,
Mike
QuoteOriginally posted by lowbit Quote

It seems like something is misaligned. I am planning to call Pentax tomorrow and see what they say before I decide what to do. Does anyone else with a K20D see something similar?