Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-22-2009, 12:12 AM   #1

EV compensation and anti-shake

Hello,

I'm new to DSLR and just bought the Pentax K20D. Now the question:
1. It is well known that K20D is a little bit underexposed, and correction seems to be simple - just increase the EV, but by how much? 1/3, 1/2 or 2/3? I just want to set it as the default.

2. It is strange to me that the anti-shake would turn-off when you set the timer. I've search the forum about the reason to turn-off anti-shake while the camera sits on a tripod, and I presume the same reason applies here. I used to use a non-DLSR with anti-shaking, and whenever I want to acquire a shot with long exposure time (but without tripod), I just set the timer to 2 sec, and usually I could have 1 step lower and still got satisfactory photos.

Thanks in anticipation of your reply,

KCC

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
anti-shake, camera, dslr, ev, ev compensation, k20d, photography, reason, timer, tripod