Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-22-2009, 12:55 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
issues with Remote Asistant: *istD + Mac OS 10.4.x combo

Hi, I'm new to this forum and this is my first post. I was wondering if anyone here could help me out with a problem I'm having.

After much search and thinking, i finally purchased the I-USB2 cable to connect my *istD to my computer (my camera didn't come with it). The lesser of the reasons I wanted the cable was o be able to download my pictures without having to take out the CF card, but the main reason was to be able to use Remote Assistant and do tethered captures.

I had a lot of trouble actually finding remote assistant for Mac OS X. The pentax website claimed to have it (under software>historic product>*istD) but when I downloaded the file, only the OS9 version was in the folder. I found the OSX version in a mirror site (Remote Assistant v1.01), I installed it but it doesn't recognize my camera. I tried the latest version of R.A. (3.51) but that doesn't work either. (btw, my camera has the latest firmware v1.12 installed)

I installed the windows version of R.A (v1.00) on a mac running windows and it DID work! so, I know its not my camera. Apparently I simply don't have the correct version of R.A to work with an *istD in Mac OS 10.4. Does anyone here know a workaround? or where I can get the correct software?

Thank you!