Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-24-2010, 02:00 AM   #61
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by jpzk Quote
Yes, I agree that we pay much less than some other people abroad, however, the availability of the Pentax gear is to be desired. I could easily take over the seller's job too: he knows just enough about Pentax so that he can sell.
But, as you mention, you pay more than we do here. How about buying from Canada? Would you be submitted to heavy taxes? Would it be worth it?

JP
JP - that's the only thing that stops me... and the shipping. Adds about 30% to the base $ quoted

02-24-2010, 02:10 AM   #62
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by smc Quote
Pentax doesn't seem to be selling as much in the stores as when the k10d first came out, and there certainly isn't the same selection as Canon or Nikon, but I see Pentax cameras on a regular basis....especially the point and shoots.

I've noticed there seems to be quite a few posts from Canada and Australia...and considering the population base compared to other countries....is Pentax a larger force in some places than other?
I have actually only seen one other Pentax camera "in the wild" for several years. It was a k10d.
02-24-2010, 06:00 AM   #63
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
A few chain stores put some money together and had a full pageadvertisement for the main color combos of the KX on the back page of section one of the Weekend Australian on 20-21st February. This is the national circulation broadsheet -
Bigger than life size images of the red, white, dark blue and black versions with brief list of specs and clips from glowing reviews esp highlighting performance for price.

Very big promo.
02-24-2010, 12:44 PM   #64
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Arjay Bee Quote
A few chain stores put some money together and had a full pageadvertisement for the main color combos of the KX on the back page of section one of the Weekend Australian on 20-21st February. This is the national circulation broadsheet -
Bigger than life size images of the red, white, dark blue and black versions with brief list of specs and clips from glowing reviews esp highlighting performance for price.

Very big promo.
Sadly I can't remember seeing Pentax advertised anywhere in the UK media for a long time