Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-23-2009, 07:54 PM   #1

Remote control software for K110D

As a Pentax k110d owner, I have been searching for software that could be used for time lapse photography. I have looked at remote assistant by Pentax but that only works with k10 and k20 models. I would like to use a software that would enable me to fully control my camera through my laptop including setting the time interval for image capture and downloading the images to the laptop's hard drive. Is anyone aware of any such software?

03-26-2009, 10:27 AM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Hello achaud3,

I noticed no one has replied to this thread. There is a lack of software for the cameras we both own. You might actually try the istD Remote Assistant, it works moderately well with my K100D (firmware 1.00). I does not work with my K110D (firmware 1.02). It is quirky which may be why Pentax never supported it for K1x0D models. In the past I found camera companies are not good software companies.

There has been a lot of mention that Pentax supplied R.A. for the istD, skipped over K1x0D, and supported the K10D up. There is LINUX software to control our cameras. I tired to install it on my Fedora Linux but did not succeed. Besides, I only have LINUX on one computer and would be reluctant to dual boot my old laptop.

I do use DSLR-Shutter ( DSLR Shutter ) which controls the shutter via a homemade cable. But I lack the ability to download the results. If I could access the memory card as a disk drive while using the shutter cable it would be very useful. Unfortunately when you connect the USB cable it disables the camera controls.

Let us know if you find a solution at a reasonable price.
03-29-2009, 07:47 PM   #3
Inactive Account

Pentax Remote Assistant is pretty weak for time-lapse. What you need to do is get a Canon TC-80N3 Remote Control and have the connector swapped out on the end:

Converting a Canon TC-80N3 Timer to Pentax *istDS - IceInSpace Forums
or
Digital SLR Astronomical Imaging

This way you can shoot more than 999 images. I have one of these and with SDHC cards as cheap as they are, this is the way to go for timelapse.

matt rickman
colorado
03-29-2009, 07:48 PM   #4
Inactive Account

also - did you try the remote assistant sw with your 110? I used to use it on my *istDS even though it wasn't "supported"

matt rickman
colorado

03-29-2009, 08:13 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
just a note that the k20d has time lapse features built into it... might be the excuse your looking for :P
03-31-2009, 06:15 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I know this isn't a computer, but I have one of these and it's great (if you scroll down, you'll notice it works with Pentax as well as Canon listed in the title) .

Gadget Infinity Timer Remote

If you combine this with a large enough card, you might be able to do what you were wanting to do. Oh yeah, the camera will shut down as normal if left alone, but will wake back up before the shot is taken - nice if you're out in the middle of nowhere and just using the camera's batteries.