Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-08-2007, 06:16 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
idiot (read: glad I shoot in RAW)

Mental note of the day: don't wear polarized sunglasses and try to do anything with the camera. LOL. Short story: it blocks out the rear LCD panel, the interior green lighted "HUD" - as well as the top LCD panel.

Long version:
I only ruined a few shots because of it... but here's what happened: I turned the camera on while looking through the viewfinder, I pressed the Fn button (not looking at the LCD) and then looked at the camera, fiddled around wondering why it hadn't powered on... (I couldn't see anything on the LCD back panel, or the top for that matter!) - I was still scratching my head about it when I caught the LCD out the corner of my eye (underneath the frame of my glasses) and realized the camera was on.
So I inadvertently took about 10 pictures at ISO 800 because apparently I set it to "auto" accidentally when I couldn't see what I was doing. Also had managed to change the WB to "daylight flourescent" or something odd...

again, glad I (mostly) shoot in RAW for that one reason.

04-09-2007, 05:08 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Ha! Nice one! Something to remember for sure.