Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-31-2009, 05:49 AM   #46
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
My kids' babysitter got my K100D. She was taking a photography course and her mother was talking to my wife and at the end of the conversation it turned out that I had "an extra camera" (what we here call "a second body") that she could use.

After a month, she begged her mom to buy it off me for Christmas, and I obliged. Since then, her photography teacher has asked her to do the photos for the yearbook! And she's only got the kit lens and a Sigma I'm lending her! I don't think I'll show her my limiteds or it'll be the end of her allowance!

[Edit] I'm pretty sure that if she'd just got a camera from her mom, it would have been a Canon Rebel or whatever they had at Costco!

03-31-2009, 08:57 AM   #47

farfisa:

You are leading her into dangerous terrains! :P
04-01-2009, 04:56 AM   #48

Photos: Albums
Buddha, you forgot one important feature - this site! She can get help, questions answered, tips on shooting, access to used equipment and meet a lot of great people!
04-01-2009, 07:40 AM   #49
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Digitalis Quote
I waved a few FA Limited lenses under the nose of my photography lecturer's, and he was very impressed with the build quality of the FA limited lenses, not to mention my K10D...he doesn't like light weight cameras. Neither do I. I prefer my cameras to have some heft to them
Can you please stop waving them over here? This is torture for me...

04-01-2009, 07:52 AM   #50
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Tom S. Quote
Buddha, you forgot one important feature - this site! She can get help, questions answered, tips on shooting, access to used equipment and meet a lot of great people!
Nope, I didnt, she is a member on here.... I'm a Mod man, you think I'm not gonna pimp this site out every chance I get?!?!
10-22-2009, 09:30 AM   #51

I have only been back in the Pentax crew for a few months, but I have nearly convinced my coworker to switch from Olympus. We did a mini shootout and for some reason all his shots metered so differently that the same shot from the same spot and same settings with his camera (on Av) shot at way slower shutter speeds. On manual mine exposed fine and if he matched my settings, WAY underexposed. Wierd, but at least now he's looking at a K-7....
10-22-2009, 09:46 AM   #52
Pentaxian

When I got my K-7, I purchased the body only and still needed a lens. I figured it would be a wiser investment to get the K2000 and use the kit lens that came with that on my K-7, and keep the K2000 around as a backup.

The first time I went out to go play with the K-7, my girlfriend came along. She wanted to use the K2000. We traded the kit lens back and forth that day and she was hooked. Now, the K2000 is hers.

She had been using an older 8mp Digital Rebel XT before that. After using the K2000, I asked her what she wanted to do with the Digital Rebel. She said "get rid of that crap". The sale from the Rebel bought my 18-250 and she loves the kit lens that originally came with the K2000.
10-22-2009, 09:27 PM   #53
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
A year ago last June, I went on board a Navy ship to support a system we were demonstrating during some at sea exercises while in transit to Hawaii. I took my camera - and came back with 12GB and 2,000 images. I was talking to a friend and he said that he wanted to see some pictures, so I emailed him a few.

A few days later, I stopped by and he wanted to know what type of camera I use - as they were "professional" quality (I really do not think so - although there were a couple that I think are among the best I have ever taken). The short story is that he is now looking at Pentax. Also, we were late pulling into Pearl Harbor, so I only had one day in Hawaii. I took the drive around the island and did stop at one out of the way beach. A guy was out there shooting birds with a Canon and long lens. I sort of herded the birds his way, and we wound up talking. He uses Canon for shooting birds in flight (faster AF), but has a complete Pentax collection for everything else - he's an Architect. His parting comment was "you can't beat Pentax's Limited glass".....