Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-27-2009, 03:37 PM   #1
Inactive Account

K10d - Aperture Number error- JPEG/RAW

Hi all,

FOA very happy to join this pentax forum,

anyone can help to answer my problem ?

I have a used K10d with kit lens 18-55, when I shoot in JPEG with f/8.0, the JPEG file always show the max F/number of lens aperture number f3.5 when viewed by Picture viewer ex,irfanview, ACDSee, fastone, etc, but if I see to the result in real ,it still have correct aperture setting (the DOF is wide)

pls help me about above inconsistency,

FYI, my K10d is out of warranty, so before I send it to local service center, I hope i`ll get an information what`s wrong with my K10d in this forum, when the local service center in my country usually set a high price for a newbie.

thanks

03-27-2009, 03:42 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Before you blame the body, can you get your hands on another lens to see if the same thing happens. I have a feeling the problem is due to the lens.

Good luck
03-27-2009, 03:52 PM   #3
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Stratario Quote
Before you blame the body, can you get your hands on another lens to see if the same thing happens. I have a feeling the problem is due to the lens.

Good luck
----------------------------

thanks, I only have 2 lenses in my hand, the kit 18-55 & manual focus SMC 50 1.4, but will try another lens.