Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-03-2009, 02:53 PM   #16
A Proud PENTAXER !!!
fwcetus's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: New England
Posts: 1,084
QuoteOriginally posted by madmikess Quote
Viv Series 1 70-210 F4 Kiron
Ooh... That's a new lens to me. I also noticed that you list a "Vivitar 70-210mm f4 Kiron" in your signature. I wasn't aware of any VS1 70-210/4's - I thought they were all f/3.5's or f/2.8-4's, and that the only Kiron one was V.1, which was an f/3.5 lens. Do you happen to have an image on that lens?

Thanks.

04-03-2009, 03:26 PM   #17
Veteran Member
Agnostic's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Netherlands
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 414
QuoteOriginally posted by er1kksen Quote
Agnostic, that last one has a really unique, beautifully luminous feel to it. Nice shot!
Thanks! There is an original pentax M42 adapter on the way so I can try the mint Helios 44-2 58mm I got a few weeks ago. Time to join in the M42 fun!
04-03-2009, 06:19 PM   #18
Site Supporter
madmikess's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Kenmore, NY
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 480
QuoteOriginally posted by fwcetus Quote
Ooh... That's a new lens to me. I also noticed that you list a "Vivitar 70-210mm f4 Kiron" in your signature. I wasn't aware of any VS1 70-210/4's - I thought they were all f/3.5's or f/2.8-4's, and that the only Kiron one was V.1, which was an f/3.5 lens. Do you happen to have an image on that lens?

Thanks.
I'll snap a few pictures when I get home. I agree, it appears to be an oddball. Haha.

I found this picture here, the lens on the far right is what mine is. These are all 70-210 Viv lenses. But the f4 kiron lens is the one on the right.



I'll still have some pictures later when I get home.

Last edited by madmikess; 04-03-2009 at 06:29 PM.
04-03-2009, 08:32 PM   #19
A Proud PENTAXER !!!
fwcetus's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: New England
Posts: 1,084
QuoteOriginally posted by madmikess Quote
I'll snap a few pictures when I get home. I agree, it appears to be an oddball. Haha.

I found this picture here, the lens on the far right is what mine is. These are all 70-210 Viv lenses. But the f4 kiron lens is the one on the right.



I'll still have some pictures later when I get home.
Thanks for replying.

I think the first three (from the left) might be a VS1 70-210/3.5 V.1, a VS1 70-210/3.5 V.2, and a VS1 70-210/2.8-4 V.3. However, I think that one on the right looks like a Kiron (as in Kiron ~branded~, not just Kiron made) "ZoomLock" lens, which is supposed to be quite a desirable lens (but which is not actually a Vivitar Series 1 lens, as far as I know). However, please check into this only at your convenience...

Thanks.

04-03-2009, 09:24 PM   #20
Veteran Member
OregonJim's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Willamette Valley, Oregon
Posts: 1,329
QuoteOriginally posted by fwcetus Quote
Thanks for replying.

I think the first three (from the left) might be a VS1 70-210/3.5 V.1, a VS1 70-210/3.5 V.2, and a VS1 70-210/2.8-4 V.3. However, I think that one on the right looks like a Kiron (as in Kiron ~branded~, not just Kiron made) "ZoomLock" lens, which is supposed to be quite a desirable lens (but which is not actually a Vivitar Series 1 lens, as far as I know). However, please check into this only at your convenience...

Thanks.
I have the lens on the right, and mine is a Kiron-branded zoom-lock. Unfortunately, it's a Minolta mount (I think - it says M/MD on the ring - I don't have a Minolta SLR to verify). Have been thinking of doing surgery to convert it to PK.
04-04-2009, 05:50 AM   #21
Site Supporter
madmikess's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Kenmore, NY
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 480
QuoteOriginally posted by fwcetus Quote
Thanks for replying.

I think the first three (from the left) might be a VS1 70-210/3.5 V.1, a VS1 70-210/3.5 V.2, and a VS1 70-210/2.8-4 V.3. However, I think that one on the right looks like a Kiron (as in Kiron ~branded~, not just Kiron made) "ZoomLock" lens, which is supposed to be quite a desirable lens (but which is not actually a Vivitar Series 1 lens, as far as I know). However, please check into this only at your convenience...

Thanks.
After looking over the lens again you are right, it's a Kiron branded lens, no Vivitar markings so that's my bad. It looks so much like a Viv that I just assumed.
04-04-2009, 12:01 PM   #22
A Proud PENTAXER !!!
fwcetus's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: New England
Posts: 1,084
QuoteOriginally posted by madmikess Quote
After looking over the lens again you are right, it's a Kiron branded lens, no Vivitar markings so that's my bad. It looks so much like a Viv that I just assumed.
Well, it's not any sort of a "bad" - <g> - (and I was not being critical in any way, but I was just curious about the ID of the lens...).

Thanks for checking. :-)
04-04-2009, 02:20 PM   #23
Site Supporter
madmikess's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Kenmore, NY
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 480
QuoteOriginally posted by fwcetus Quote
Well, it's not any sort of a "bad" - <g>
Definitely not bad, your right. Just my bad on mis-identifying it. It's all cool.

04-04-2009, 03:52 PM   #24
Site Supporter
germar's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Austin Texas
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 728
Original Poster
I'm enjoyng the examples of old glass on the K20D...very nice.

Here another example, something I shot today at a local park with a SMC Tak 50mm 1.4. Some parks have pidgeons, in Texas we prefer something a little bigger.



Just really nice color rendition, extremely sharp (this was f5.6 if I recall) and loads of fun to shoot. I haven't taken the m42 adapter off all week!

germar
04-05-2009, 06:54 AM   #25
Veteran Member
Mechan1k's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 2,883
I'd love to get a K20D just for my Super Tak glass ... and get the K10D for my AF gear.

Then again ... it'd be nice to replace both my K10Ds with K20Ds.
04-05-2009, 07:06 AM   #26
Pentaxian
jsherman999's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2007
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 8,228
QuoteOriginally posted by germar Quote
I'm enjoyng the examples of old glass on the K20D...very nice.

Here another example, something I shot today at a local park with a SMC Tak 50mm 1.4. Some parks have pidgeons, in Texas we prefer something a little bigger.



Just really nice color rendition, extremely sharp (this was f5.6 if I recall) and loads of fun to shoot. I haven't taken the m42 adapter off all week!

germar

Love this shot!

I started the M-Club thread early last year after I got my K20D and started
noticing how some of my M lenses looked even better on the K20D than on the
K100DS, and how some modern zooms looked worse on the K20D.

It does indeed breathe new life into some older lenses - the M 85 f/2,
M 20 f/4, almost all the 50's, the M 100 and tak 105 2.8's, K 35 3.5,
K/Tak 55 1.8, the list could go on & on.


.
04-06-2009, 08:40 AM   #27
Site Supporter
madmikess's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Kenmore, NY
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 480
Finally got around to getting a picture up with the Kiron 70-210 lens... Here is it, quick and dirty of some Easter Lillies we bought yesterday at the greenhouse. Shot at f8 with flash indoors and shutter at 1/160.

04-06-2009, 11:21 PM   #28
Veteran Member
res3567's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Houston Tx.
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,876
QuoteOriginally posted by germar Quote
I'm enjoyng the examples of old glass on the K20D...very nice.

Here another example, something I shot today at a local park with a SMC Tak 50mm 1.4. Some parks have pidgeons, in Texas we prefer something a little bigger.



Just really nice color rendition, extremely sharp (this was f5.6 if I recall) and loads of fun to shoot. I haven't taken the m42 adapter off all week!

germar
UT might like this shot!
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
body, camera, dslr, glass, k10d, k20d, lenses, photography, smc, test, time
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
K20D: The on/off switch, and battery life Black Magic Troubleshooting and Beginner Help 9 08-19-2009 08:07 AM
It Lives! Still Life with k20d metroeloise Post Your Photos! 5 03-27-2009 12:02 AM
They breathes fire xjjohnno Post Your Photos! 4 03-10-2009 10:59 PM
Old Manual Glass on a K20D boyscout Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 10 03-06-2009 06:39 AM
Battery life K20d? ennoia Pentax DSLR Discussion 6 06-15-2008 10:00 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:31 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top