Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-12-2007, 05:28 PM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

QuoteOriginally posted by Kendall015 Quote
I could be wrong, but I believe that in Adobe Acrobat Pro you can limit the user's right to print or copy a PDF file. Maybe you want to look into that?
Do you mean that the number of printed copies are limited? If someone knows, I would like to have more information on this. That would be terrific. I would sell the book as downloads from my website. I could sell it for less as the printed version really cost a lot.

04-12-2007, 05:32 PM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Chocolar Quote
I just signedup to this site, just in case members get a discount . Also I recommend selling this book thru Amazon so buyers can leave feedbacks.
If the book becomes popular, Amazon is a possibility. You will be able to leave comments about the book in a few days. We will have our Website running shortly k10dbook.com and will also have a blogger where all members can post comments, ask questions to other photographers, etc.
04-12-2007, 05:50 PM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by k10dbook Quote
If the book becomes popular, Amazon is a possibility. You will be able to leave comments about the book in a few days. We will have our Website running shortly k10dbook.com and will also have a blogger where all members can post comments, ask questions to other photographers, etc.
That's a good idea. The book is only available through Ebay at this time but will be available on our Website soon. If you are a member, I will give 10% off.

eBay: Pentax K10D Book, 200+ pgs,Color, Detailed instructions (item 150111757768 end time Apr-22-07 00:02:18 PDT)
04-12-2007, 08:47 PM   #19
Forum Member

Original Poster
BOOK IS AWESOME...

I just received my copy today, and it really explains alot about the lenses, types, and which you can use on you're camera. It really helps me understand the differences between all the mounts. Has a great section about pentax hotshoe flashes. It goes in to great detail about the features of the camera. I feel it is far superior to the standard manual. It even talks about the upgrades you can buy for the camera in detail, and what they do.

The book is much more "readable" as in much more enjoyable to read than the manual. I suggest you guys pick up a copy. Some of you may be far more experienced than I, but the book is a definate must have at an level.

Thanks K10Dbook!!!

04-12-2007, 09:00 PM   #20
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Wow a Pentax SLR Book! Thats a first!
04-12-2007, 09:31 PM   #21
Inactive Account

Do you mean that the number of printed copies are limited? If someone knows, I would like to have more information on this. That would be terrific. I would sell the book as downloads from my website. I could sell it for less as the printed version really cost a lot.
I know that if you password protect a PDF in Acrobat that you can decide whether the user can print the document or copy text to the clipboard. Beyond that, I'm not sure how distribution of secure PDFs works...I would suggest googling something like "secure pdf ebook distribution"
04-13-2007, 09:39 AM   #22
Inactive Account

Maybe you should do a poll as to who would but a book / PDF / Both ?

04-13-2007, 11:20 AM   #23
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Christian Quote
Maybe you should do a poll as to who would but a book / PDF / Both ?
That's a good idea, but how to we go from here? Should we start a new thread? Or maybe members can just add comments on this thread.
04-13-2007, 07:31 PM   #24

I am planning to buy one when your website becomes operational! (hardcopy that is....)
04-13-2007, 07:37 PM   #25

Here's another one, soon to come:

Amazon.com: Magic Lantern Guides: Pentax K10D (Magic Lantern Guides): Books: Peter K. Burian
04-13-2007, 08:04 PM   #26
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Dana G Quote
Dana:
One of the reason I wrote the book, is that I bought a copy of the Magic Lantern for the K100D / K110D, and I thought it was not up to par with other Nikon and Canon published books through other publishiers. The Magic Lantern is Okay, but they are very small, black and white, and it came apart when trying to lay it flat so that I could check the content against a real camera. But everybody is entitled to like or dislike what they want.

I would buy all the books about the K10D if I could buy any at this time, but there are no K10D books available. Everybody writes about Canon and Nikon and for one reason only....to make more money. I'm in because I like the profession and if I can help someone out there, I will be satisfied. I will buy the Magic Lantern too when it is available. I learn something I didn't know everytime I read a new book. I gain new experience everytime I exchange comments with another fellow photographer. I have been a photographer for more than 30 years and I still learn something new almost every week.

Thank you for your comments.
04-13-2007, 08:13 PM   #27
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by TankSlapper Quote
I am planning to buy one when your website becomes operational! (hardcopy that is....)
I am working till around 2:00 A.M. everyday on the website, a blogger site and printing the books. Despite some negative comments here and there, always from people that have not read the book, I was surprised that so many people ordered the book. In a way, I was not prepared for such quick response. I posted the book on Ebay to see what the reaction would be and it is taking off. Next week, a printer/publisher will start making the books and we will go from there. It will be available on-line at our soon-to-be site
Temporarily Disabled We have contacted ShutterBug magazine and will have an ad in the magazine for ordering either through the Website or directly by maail.

Thank you so much for your comments.
04-14-2007, 09:11 PM   #28
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I am working till around 2:00 A.M. everyday on the website, a blogger site and printing the books. Despite some negative comments here and there, always from people that have not read the book, I was surprised that so many people ordered the book. In a way, I was not prepared for such quick response. I posted the book on Ebay to see what the reaction would be and it is taking off. Next week, a printer/publisher will start making the books and we will go from there. It will be available on-line at our soon-to-be site
Temporarily Disabled We have contacted ShutterBug magazine and will have an ad in the magazine for ordering either through the Website or directly by maail.

Thank you so much for your comments.
k10dbook home now operating
04-14-2007, 11:31 PM   #29
Veteran Member

I have been writing engineering technical books all my adult life and decided to write a book on the K10D because I personnally think that the camera is a breaktrhough.
brqyvn@aol.com
Nice to meet you here. Are you an engineer? :-) If yes, would you mind telling us what discipline for your profession?
04-15-2007, 01:31 AM   #30
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
K10book,
I just ordered one from your ebay web page. I am looking forward to seeing it soon.