Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-09-2007, 09:47 PM   #1
Forum Member

Found a K10D book on ebay...

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

I found this on ebay last week, and have been meaning to post it.
I will receive it in 2 days....

here is the link

eBay: Pentax K10D book. Pre-publishing sale. Hot Hot (item 150108519990 end time Apr-11-07 22:02:18 PDT)

First one I have seen, till the green lantern series comes out in May.

04-09-2007, 10:21 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Pentaxperson Quote
I found this on ebay last week, and have been meaning to post it.
I will receive it in 2 days....

here is the link

eBay: Pentax K10D book. Pre-publishing sale. Hot Hot (item 150108519990 end time Apr-11-07 22:02:18 PDT)

First one I have seen, till the green lantern series comes out in May.
Let us know what you think of it when it arrives. I have been looking for a book and there don't seem to be any officially in print (yet).

Will
04-10-2007, 01:09 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I am the Author of the Book

My name is Yvon Bourque and I have been using Pentax equipment for longer that I care to admit. Let's just say that I bought my first great camera, a Pentax Spotmatic, when they were introduced. Upon receiving my K10D in December, I realized that there were no books about it other than the Pentax manual. I have been writing engineering technical books all my adult life and decided to write a book on the K10D because I personnally think that the camera is a breaktrhough. A Pro-featured camera for the price of an entry-level. The book has a very specific audience and therefore I decided to publish it myself. I am just now starting to ship from a one auction held on Ebay as a test. The book is 7" x 8.5", has 200 + pages and color photographs. I will print the book in moderate quantities, as we sell it, and will constantly revise the content as per the readers comments and suggestions. It is a book written by a photographer for photographers and new enthusiasts. What you want is what we will put in. Everything in the book has been tested and I have received the approval of Pentax to publish the book. I will have a website dedicated to the book which should be online in the next week or so.k10dbook.com hosted at ValueWeb - An Affinity Company I joined this site at the suggestion of a member that has purchased the book. I will post the book cover and the table of content in the next few days. Hoping to serve you in the near future.
Regards,
brqyvn@aol.com
04-10-2007, 01:42 AM   #4
Inactive Account

Welcome Yvon,

What a cool thing to do! I wish you luck with the book, both when it comes to selling it and for whatever that may follow. I hope you'll get a lot of interesting conversations with people around the globe.

04-10-2007, 01:48 AM   #5
Veteran Member

I have seen enough books about canon and nikon cameras. Glad that I could see pentax camera books published. Sure I will grab a copy to read once my bank account tops up a bit
04-10-2007, 02:26 AM   #6

QuoteOriginally posted by k10dbook Quote
decided to write a book on the K10D because I personnally think that the camera is a breaktrhough. A Pro-featured camera for the price of an entry-level.

brqyvn@aol.com
Hello Yvon,

Firstly congratulations on writing a book about the K10D - I look forward to visiting your website when it is online.

I could not agree more with your statement (quoted above). That is exactly the reason I purchased a K10D, in preference to a Canon 30D or Nikon D200 - my first Pentax in forty years of photography, and absolutely no regrets.

Good luck with the book sales...
04-10-2007, 02:42 AM   #7
Inactive Account

Hello book maker!

I myself am a professional graphic designer in the UK, so if you would like any help/advice with regards to that let me know... cos people do judge a book by it's cover you know!

(I'm a senior designer at an agency that's part of the world's largest advertising conglomerate blah blah blah ... not a just a kid with an Apple Mac... just so you know what level of help I'm offering)

I'm currently doing something similar for a self help type book... looking at design, indexing and general usability of the book, imagery and extra stuff like, for example, including worksheets/project sheets etc and anything else to differentiate the book from others.

So if any of that takes your interest...

04-11-2007, 01:44 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Hey Yvon, thanks for making the effort to write a K10D book. I'm very interested to secure a copy for myself. Hopefully, some distributor could pick up your book and sell it here in the Philippines.
04-11-2007, 07:55 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Have you ever thought about doing e-books? That way you don't have to worry about printing, shipping, etc. People buy the book and then download it. I have purchased several books this way and it works out pretty well.
04-11-2007, 10:33 AM   #10
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by xfraser Quote
Have you ever thought about doing e-books? That way you don't have to worry about printing, shipping, etc. People buy the book and then download it. I have purchased several books this way and it works out pretty well.
Plus, then you get an e-book, which has some nice advantages like full-text search. And if you have updates, you could release those to people who have purchased the book.
04-11-2007, 10:38 AM   #11
Inactive Account

true. Hasn't got the kudos of producing a book... and I prefer a book than reading on screen or printouts. But it's a lot cheaper and updatable.
04-11-2007, 04:55 PM   #12
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Christian Quote
true. Hasn't got the kudos of producing a book... and I prefer a book than reading on screen or printouts. But it's a lot cheaper and updatable.
After I get the Website going, I will add the possibility of downloading the book in PDF format directly from the site. On the other hand, it is a risky move as anyone can reproduce the book on CD and sell it as their own. But as a person, I do trust that most people are honest. Bottom line, I will make it available in download form soon.
04-11-2007, 05:06 PM   #13
Veteran Member

After I get the Website going, I will add the possibility of downloading the book in PDF format directly from the site. On the other hand, it is a risky move as anyone can reproduce the book on CD and sell it as their own. But as a person, I do trust that most people are honest. Bottom line, I will make it available in download form soon.
I still hope you could make a hard copy available in my country. I really prefer flipping pages than reading PDFs and the like.
04-12-2007, 02:03 PM   #14

I just signedup to this site, just in case members get a discount . Also I recommend selling this book thru Amazon so buyers can leave feedbacks.
04-12-2007, 02:46 PM   #15
Inactive Account

I could be wrong, but I believe that in Adobe Acrobat Pro you can limit the user's right to print or copy a PDF file. Maybe you want to look into that?