Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-01-2009, 06:47 PM   #1
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Pentax k10d-k20d made vacation apparel

:dwhen i vacation instead of bringing home souviner t-shirts i take my pentax made home town t-shirts with me.i live 10 miles north of boston ma in the town of saugus ma "established 1629" u.s. Rte 1 goes right through saugus and the "strip" as it is called has many saugus icons and landmarks that many people outside of my area are familiar with.i put some of the more identifiable locations that i have photographed on "iron on transfer" garments which are a nice conversation starter when people recognize some of the landmarks.the enclosed photo shows what is on one of my favorites for traveling.at 65 i wish that this technology was available to me decades ago but i'm having a lot of fun with it now.pentax photography has so many different aspects for one to be creative and at the same time enjoy a great hobby in this digital age.--charliezap
PS--SAUGUS MA HAS A LOT OF HISTORY. GOGGLE "SAUGUS MA"AND CHECK IT OUT.

Attached Images

04-01-2009, 07:43 PM   #2
Veteran Member

I have to say it is the 1st time I've ever seen a collage of Saugus

John
04-01-2009, 07:50 PM   #3
Site Supporter

In a way I like the idea. But your collage seems to focus on the local restaurants more than the history and real landmarks. I don't know if I would be pushing KFC, BK, Taco Bell and McDonalds as reasons to visit my hometown. That's just my opinion. I think if you took some more pictures of historic sites and replaced all the restaurant stuff it would probably be a better selling point for your town.
04-01-2009, 07:52 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by palmor Quote
i have to say it is the 1st time i've ever seen a collage of saugus

john
saugus has the iron works-lobster fleet-hilltopsteak house --kowloon--prince"leaning tower" --retro mcdonalds and much more that when combined make a nice collage.don't forget the dinosaur.where abouts are you north of boston?--zap

04-01-2009, 08:04 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by madmikess Quote
in a way i like the idea. But your collage seems to focus on the local restaurants more than the history and real landmarks. I don't know if i would be pushing kfc, bk, taco bell and mcdonalds as reasons to visit my hometown. that's just my opinion. I think if you took some more pictures of historic sites and replaced all the restaurant stuff it would probably be a better selling point for your town.
the collage has the historic iron works--town hall--lobster fleet and the tackiness that was featured on our local boston tv channel.that was what gave me the idea to in incorporate a little of everything when i made this collage.it was a fun project and i have actually sold some of the t's in my town.--zap