Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-02-2009, 08:53 AM   #1
Inactive Account

where to buy stuff in Israel?

I'm going to Israel soon and I want to buy something for my camera if it's cheap?The Norwegian krone is pretty strong now you see. I will be staying mostly in Eilat, but also Jerusalem etc. Anyone know any good stores? And do you have any links so that I can compare with Norwegian prices?

04-08-2009, 08:14 PM   #2
Damn Brit

I found this ; Market Wise | Business Features | Jerusalem Post

this is the relevant section of text; A FLAGSHIP store of the Camera store chain has opened in the outlet mall at the Glilot-Tel Aviv country club intersection and intends to open at least five additional stores in Kfar Saba, Ashdod, Tiberius, Holon and Rishon Lezion during the course of 2008. Camera, which sells digital camera, multi-media and other photographic equipment is part of the 4H Group and currently has stores in Tel Aviv, Jerusalem, Haifa. Beersheba and Eilat. The company's strategy says Camera CEO Roni Hacham, is to open easily accessible stores in city centers where there are good parking facilities, which are important factors in influencing custom.

I couldn't find their website though.
04-08-2009, 08:49 PM   #3
Veteran Member

[QUOTE=Nimrad;544890]I'm going to Israel soon and I want to buy something

try the Taliban

Dave
04-09-2009, 10:23 AM   #4

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Damn Brit Quote
I couldn't find their website though.
the website is camera.co.il . they are gray market importers, some have had luck with them. Ordered a DA70 from them (promised 7 days delivery), wrote about 5 emails -0 responses. Spoke to a service person, who ensured me, I would get the lens in 21 days - this was two weeks after the order. Wouldn't explain why or give his family name either , but promised to send me an official explanation if I emailed him. Did that and no response. A few weeks later they cancel my order and refund without explaining anything, didn't answer my email also. And the same day all pentax lenses go up in price about 20-30%, and guess which one goes up by 60%
Wouldn't recommend them. There's another gray market importer camera4less.co.il , they are said to be more reliable, but I'd rather order from B&H or Adorama to feel safer.