Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-11-2007, 02:43 PM   #16
Inactive Account

regarding SR... I don't have it, but how do you guys get used to trusting the SR to do it's job? I'm wondering if I could get used to shooting at 1/15th for landscapes or wether I'd take one then take another at 1/60th or faster just incase...

can you tell if it's worked by zooming in on the LCD? How close to 100% can the lcd show?

2 questions in one there!

04-11-2007, 03:09 PM   #17
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Will,

No, I havnt heard about the sensor failing to re-home, and I'm sure it would be a rare event, but it's just one more thing to break. I imagine I'll eventually be forced to adopt it, when they stop making cameras without it (similar to cell phones, try to find one w/o a camera these days) but at that point I will just turn it off. Remember, I did say I was old-school. Heck, I'd prefer it if they put the aperture rings back on the lenses along with DOF markings (one of the reasons I'm rebuilding my collection of A lenses).

As for SR lenses for Pentax, no, I'm not aware of any Pentax ones but I imagine there are some aftermarket ones (does anyone know?).

Mike

ohhhh. no offense taken... one big happy Pentax family!
04-11-2007, 07:09 PM   #18
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
[QUOTE=MRRiley;46322]Will,
it's just one more thing to break. QUOTE]

Hi;

My camera - and yours - now relies totally on batteries - a scary thought.

I had a Canon EF film camera that would operate with no battery (though you had to guess at an exposure.) I was a bit reluctant to go to a "batteries required" camera with my Canon A95 et seq. Got over it quickly, though.

Whether the lens element moves or the sensor moves, I don't think there is any noticeable failure-problem differential.

I'm not sure when stabilization became so "necessary" but I know I've taken some longish hand-held exposures that surprised me with the sharpness. It was one of the features that sounded good on the K100D, so I can't go back now :-)

Of course, if you are a tripod man (I am not), the point is, as they say...moot.
04-12-2007, 07:04 AM   #19
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Yeah, batteries are a failure point too, but as a relatively mature technology I am confident in their functionality. Of course when I am out shooting a "can't miss" subject I alwas have my old MX and a couple of rolls of film. No batteries required if you can do without the meter.

I agree with y'all that SR is very unlikely to fail but it'll take another generation or two of it before I feel comfortable. Guess I've just never been one to jump on the tech bandwagon too quickly. LOL