Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-06-2009, 11:39 AM   #1
Inactive Account

K20D any custom setting suggestions?

I am a new member to the Pentax Forum. Jumped into Pentax after being a Nikon/Canon user for over thirty years. So far I like the quality and feel of the
K20D. Compared to the Nikon D300 features, excluding the way D300 handles noise, I like the SR and adjustment of front and back focus feature for less than half the price. My question is are there any suggestions on the custom features setting such as Portrait, Bright, Landscape, etc (I know to a point it is personal preference) but any general suggestions would be great. I also would be shooting mainly in RAW, PEF? DNG? PROGRAM?

04-06-2009, 05:52 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
If you shoot in raw all those settings don't matter really. Your software may read them I understand and base its initial settings on those parameters, but then you can change them as you like.

Use PEF as they are smaller on your card than (Pentax) DNG, then you can convert them later to DNG with the Adobe converter and make the PEFs even smaller (lossless) DNGs.

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, custom, d300, dslr, features, k20d, pentax, photography, suggestions