Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-07-2009, 10:53 PM   #1

*ist DL question

I just got a used DL, I have some question that i want to ask other *ist users.

1)The shutter button on the ist DL is similar to K20D, but it doesn't do preview shot on LCD and doesn't have that feature on customize menu, Do the DL has preview function and what does that preview logo for? i use it, it pretty much does nothing.

2)When use AF lens, I can only take picture when it's confirmed focus. Why is that, K20D takes it no matter focus or not. Can I change this on DL?

3)Does the LCD screen on DL have poor viewing angle? when i review picture, I can only see it at 90degree, any slight change in viewing angle will suck.

4)Is there any short cut to change ISO like the K10D and K20D?

Thanx

Last edited by winglik; 04-07-2009 at 11:19 PM.
04-07-2009, 11:45 PM   #2

1. There is no LCD preview on DL. The preview function closes down the aperture to the set aperture for depth of field preview through the view finder.
2. I think I was able to do that. Maybe you need to set the focus switch to MF.
3. Not to me. Try adjusting the LCD brightness setting in the menu.
4. You change ISO in DL by pressing Fn and select the desired value from the displayed list of ISO values.

Last edited by jots; 04-08-2009 at 07:11 AM.
04-08-2009, 08:15 AM   #3

Original Poster
thanx, after playing around, the ist DL is pretty good.
04-08-2009, 05:09 PM   #4
Forum Member

regarding the view angle: k20d and other later models (like k100D super) have larger view angle vs. DL.

04-08-2009, 05:43 PM   #5
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I had an *istDL which I passed onto my sister. Try and remember that the *istDL was the entry level model and a couple years earlier than the K20D. The preview you are talking about with the K20D is the LiveView and only came alone since the K20D. As for the shutter not firing unless focus lock, I believe there is a setting for that. I used to be able to fire off shots very quickly one after another and I'm sure I missed focus lock at times. Just need to play around with it I guess. I seem to remember that the LCD had a fair viewing angle.