Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-08-2009, 02:28 PM   #1

Possible camera problem - or lightroom bug?

Hi. I'm having a problem with my K-m and I'd like to ask if anyone ever experienced similar problem.

Camera was absoultelly fine until recently, when I downloaded the pictures from the card and like 5-6 of 300 came out like this:

Since then, I get around 5 images screwed this way from each shooting.

This is what I see when I import the image in Lightroom (2.1). However, importing in pentax photo laboratory and developing there works.

Can it be problem with camera? Or memory card?

Here is source PEF:
http://hosting.pilsfree.net/jerrymouse/temp/IMGP8586.PEF

Could anyone please try to develop it in Lightroom (and write version and success/fail) if it'll came out the same or it'll be ok?

Thank you.

04-08-2009, 02:45 PM   #2
Banned

I would say memory card. what type are you using? do you have another card to test? it might also be your card reader, though I'm betting on the card. I really doubt its the camera. I had no problems importing, converting or developing. why haven't you updated to version 2.3?

Lightroom 2.3 converted to DNG
04-08-2009, 02:46 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Lightroom 1.4.1 on mac os 10.4.11 can't import or read the file - says it's corrupted.

I'd recommend you try using a different SD card and see if you still get the problem. I've seen similar corruption before with a bad card in my mom's compact camera.
04-08-2009, 02:49 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
séamuis, were you able to read the whole file or just the embedded jpg?

BTW, the reason I haven't upgraded to 2.3 or whatever is I'd have to pay for version 2 .

04-08-2009, 02:54 PM   #5
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by heliphoto Quote
séamuis, were you able to read the whole file or just the embedded jpg?

BTW, the reason I haven't upgraded to 2.3 or whatever is I'd have to pay for version 2 .
yes I was able to read the PEF and convert to DNG. look at the bottom of the SS and you will see it labeled DNG. I had no problems with the provided file.

understandable in your case, but the OP should upgrade to 2.3, that might even fix whatever problems he is having if it isn't the SD card.
04-08-2009, 03:05 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Iv'e seen very similar looking images from files that had their header corrupted. Perhaps PPL is not as picky as LR when it comes to reading the header. Best guess is a bad memory card, or possibly card reader. Try running a disk check on the card from your PC/Mac.
04-08-2009, 05:59 PM   #7

The K-m has changes in its RAW output, which affects some images in programs that haven't been updated to deal with it. There's a long thread here.

04-09-2009, 12:18 AM   #8

Original Poster
Thank you all. Upgrading Lightroom did the trick. Also - converting PEF to DNG with Adobe DNG Converter helped (and worked).