Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-19-2009, 10:15 PM   #61
jeffkpotter

QuoteOriginally posted by glanglois Quote
We thought the the AF was a problem, but all we really needed was a better placebo. Thanks, Pentax!
These are the observations of a very wise and perceptive person. Thank you.

04-20-2009, 04:38 AM   #62
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by JimmyC Quote
After 15 minutes of looking through all the menus at least 3 times...I was so afraid that I had missed the obvious.
I have no idea why it isn't available as an information item in the menu. Loading the firmware could be done that way as well, though I suppose the current process might simplify the bootstrap loader.

Version 1.02 was apparently up for only a short while. Perhaps they found a problem with it. Numbers are consecutive and each fully replaces the next, so sequential patching is not needed.

Someone somewhere inside Pentax engineering has the full list of fixes for each version. But they're not saying. Anyone know a good spy?
04-24-2009, 04:00 AM   #63
Loyal Site Supporter

I just got a new K20, shot with it for a couple of days and then updated the firmware. The autofocus is definitely faster. I don't really notice much difference with my SDM lenses, but my FA 50 searches much less in low light than it did before. It used to take a couple of seconds to incrementaly get a lock. Now, it seems to lock very quickly with minimal adjustment. Focus accuracy seems as good as ever.
04-24-2009, 09:51 AM   #64
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
I just got a new K20, shot with it for a couple of days and then updated the firmware. The autofocus is definitely faster. I don't really notice much difference with my SDM lenses, but my FA 50 searches much less in low light than it did before. It used to take a couple of seconds to incrementaly get a lock. Now, it seems to lock very quickly with minimal adjustment. Focus accuracy seems as good as ever.
I noticed the same improved AF with my FA 1.4 50mm lens when shooting indoors in low light situations.