Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-15-2009, 06:46 AM   #31

My sister took a few classes years ago and enjoyed photography briefly and for a variety of reasons dropped it. She wrote and said she was thinking about taking pictures again and asked what to get.

I gave her my IstD and a few lenses. I told her that after she'd taken 1500 pictures or so it would be time to consider what she wanted to buy. That was a year ago and we still have about 1450 pictures to go.

04-15-2009, 07:16 AM   #32
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by patrickt Quote
My sister took a few classes years ago and enjoyed photography briefly and for a variety of reasons dropped it. She wrote and said she was thinking about taking pictures again and asked what to get.

I gave her my IstD and a few lenses. I told her that after she'd taken 1500 pictures or so it would be time to consider what she wanted to buy. That was a year ago and we still have about 1450 pictures to go.
The istD is a small bodied DSLR and you should continue to encourage your sister to get out with it more often.

I carry my K20D daily to work and after work i try to find an opportunity to take some pics.

The K20D is permanently attached with the grip as well as the 16-50mm F2.8 lens
04-15-2009, 07:19 AM   #33
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by jibbonpoint Quote
Oh! I do understand dadipentac (great name by the way).

My son was actually adopted & comes from Thailand. The great difference is that I have no talent artistically at all;(I can well appreciate & admire good art, though)

I'm a camera enthusiast, an engineering technologist & he is gifted artistically. (He's no slouch in other depts but you get what I mean).

The advantage is that I know that he won't follow in my footsteps so I can try & guide him in where I observe where he should perhaps go. It's been good fun along the way.

And really, if you can't put out for your kids, what's the point?
Well, if you don't want to burst the bank, then i would suggest the K-m/K2000 instead. Get the dual kit which consists of the 18-55 and the 50-200 lenses. As the cam runs on 4xAAs, your son can use rechargeable batteries too.