Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-15-2009, 09:49 PM   #1

Pentax Retailer in Wash DC area

Can anyone recommend a good Pentax retailer in the Washington DC area?

Would like to try out some lenses and maybe drool over a K20D while on vacation.

Thanks

04-16-2009, 05:40 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Ace Photo out in Ashburn (just north of Dulles Airport) is the best Pentax source in northern VA. (edit: and many of their sales staff shoot Pentax)

Penn Camera (various locations) is also fair but they do not have an real lens selection (at least at the 2 stores close to me).

No clue on anything over in MD...

Last edited by MRRiley; 04-16-2009 at 06:07 AM. Reason: addl info
04-16-2009, 05:54 AM   #3
mel
Veteran Member

The Penn in Springfield doesn't have much in the lens department and their K20 is about $200 over the price of B&H. In fact the guy I talked to there was rather shocked that it was so much lower there, and I mean IN store, not just on the web (I looked and drooled all over it when I was up there a couple weeks ago).
04-16-2009, 06:23 PM   #4

I was down by the mall today and saw a Wolf camera that was going out of business. I saw a k20 and several lenses in the store. Sorry I dont recall the address.

04-16-2009, 06:40 PM   #5

PhotoCraft in Burke, VA

You could try this store! I bought all my equipment here:
Photocraft or Embassy Camera (small chain and also a webstore at ephotocraft.com

They usually have a K20D and K200D on display along with some nice Pentax glass.

Two of the salesman really like Pentax, and one shoots a K10D.
The only thing that has these guys upset is that the Pentax distributors/sales department will not give them the same deals they provide Amazon. So there is no way they can match the Amazon price without selling equipment for a loss.

I can understand Pentax giving some distributors good deals, but this is a heartbreaker since these guys enjoy selling Pentax and would talk it up if they could match price.

Often you hear people say the sales folks push one camera over another...well if the other one is within a dollar of Amazon and puts food on your table for a family..you will push the one which feeds you. Look at their prices and they push Amazon on the Nikon and Canon...but Pentax will not cut them a break.

In my case I chose local so I could have an easy return and enjoy their good service.

Store Locations
Photo Craft -- Burke
6025-C Burke Centre Pkwy
Burke, VA 22015
Ph: (703) 250-5555

Internet Dept: (877) 374-6869
Embassy Camera -- Washington DC
1735 Connecticut Ave. NW
Washington, DC 20009
Ph: (202) 483-7448

Hours
Mon-Thurs: 10am - 7pm
Fri-Sat: 10am - 6pm
Sun: Closed Mon-Fri: 9:30am - 6pm
Sat: 10am - 5pm
Sun: Closed
04-16-2009, 07:52 PM   #6

Original Poster
Thanks so much for your input. I'm near the Burke area, so I'll try to check those guys out first!

Thanks to all.. .