Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-18-2009, 05:22 PM   #16

Original Poster
I don't think K20D or DL has the EV adjustment in with manual lens in manual mode. Not really a big issue for me, i just manual change it after the metering. I got another question, today i went out a try my Takumar 2.5 135mm lens, i use the green-mode to meter the lighting. Is that just mine or Pentax pic just came out "warm". It's a sunny day, I use auto WB, but for most the picture, i have to fix the contrast and coloring(I use picasa "I feel luck"). Any way to fix this "warm" issue, do i have to manually WB everytime i use. Thanx

04-18-2009, 09:53 PM   #17
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by chhayanat Quote
The original question was about EV compensation in manual mode with manual lenses. None of the Pentax DSLRS, to the best of my knowledge, allow EV compensation for this situation.
just loaded up an M50 and a super tak m42...EV comp. worked...
as to using it in M-mode....

and I did take shots....+0.7 and -1 EV. it did take it compensated

edit: and my apologies..just kinda read the op question quickly...

Last edited by -=JoN=-; 04-18-2009 at 10:09 PM.
04-19-2009, 02:07 AM   #18
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Lowell Goudge Quote
if you have a lens that consistently under or over exposes, and you want manual mode settings, but still the ability to meter with the green button, you want it to meter correctly, not to have to continually reset bu 1 to 1 1/2 stops for the correction.

it is quite useful.,
Ahh OK, it's clear
04-19-2009, 05:58 AM   #19
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Wouldnt you just set the camera settings in m mode based on the light meter reading? so if you want it to be +1 you would turn dials till you have the light meter reading +1!

After all EV compensation does that for you rather than trying to set itself to 0.

04-19-2009, 07:43 AM   #20
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Well sure, you *could* just turn dials until the meter reads +1. But the green button is such a *HUGE* time saver in M mode, it does seem sort of a shame that it can only be used to set exposure to 0.
04-19-2009, 12:48 PM   #21
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by WerTicus Quote
Wouldnt you just set the camera settings in m mode based on the light meter reading? so if you want it to be +1 you would turn dials till you have the light meter reading +1!

After all EV compensation does that for you rather than trying to set itself to 0.
go back to my post. If a lens always under or over exposes, just pushing the green button is much easier and faster.

for other situations, I use manual to meter simply on what I want properly exposed, and again if I have to always make a correction, it is a pain.