Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-16-2007, 03:05 AM   #76
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
SH*t!! Go away for a few days and look what happens. Is this Pentax Forums or DP F***in' Review.

Sorry for the swearing. I left DPR to get away from this crap. For what it is worth, I don't think the OP is trolling, just very inexperienced. Try educating the guy instead of jumping down his throat.

Criticism is fine, and sometimes is required, but can we please be civil about it?

To the OP (if you are still bothering to read this crap), If you find the ergonomics cramped, try it with the battery grip. It may not help, but it does for me. The camera's ergonomics are not for everyone, and may not suit you.

DSLRs do not have shutter lag. What I think you were experiencing was a slow lens trying to lock focus in the low light of the store. Pentax AF systems focus, then confirm before it locks. It makes the AF system a tad slower, but very accurate. You can mitigate this by using better quality faster lenses.

04-16-2007, 03:51 AM   #77

Are we there yet?

Well at least everyone is awake, Pentax Forums seems to get a little sleepy at times, but this was the most volatile thread I have seen so far.

Interesting drive, but I think we are there now, time to put the kids to bed and review the trip in our minds.

Perhaps, as it is in life... every trip is a learning experience and never a loss.

Steffi, if my comments offended you unjustly I apologize.... but I for one think like Roscot, that DSLR's do not have 'Shutter Lag'. Point and Shoot cameras tend to have this problem, but not any DSLR I have played with of late.

G'nite all.
04-16-2007, 04:44 AM   #78
Inactive Account

Well, I use Pentax for it's lenses, I feel they are quite behind in getting good bodies off the line though (although I believe the K10D is very very nice). I say this as they still don't have a pro body out there. I would have bought a 645D 4 years ago if it was out but it's still a vague thought as far as I the purchaser is concerned.

I use Pentax because they have the best line up of prime lenses. I will continue to use Pentax until I have a need to use a function a Canon, Nikon or a Holga has!

What I'm getting at is that we're all extremely quick to defend Pentax against others. We have a six page string of posts that prove nothing, if someone has to troll, ignore them, they wont get anywhere. Let's talk about something real...like hmm, I'm just going to shoot those slugs on the window with my DFA 100mm macro
04-16-2007, 05:18 AM   #79
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Nice..

QuoteOriginally posted by Phil Taylor Quote
Well, I use Pentax for it's lenses, I feel they are quite behind in getting good bodies off the line though (although I believe the K10D is very very nice). I say this as they still don't have a pro body out there. I would have bought a 645D 4 years ago if it was out but it's still a vague thought as far as I the purchaser is concerned.

I use Pentax because they have the best line up of prime lenses. I will continue to use Pentax until I have a need to use a function a Canon, Nikon or a Holga has!

What I'm getting at is that we're all extremely quick to defend Pentax against others. We have a six page string of posts that prove nothing, if someone has to troll, ignore them, they wont get anywhere. Let's talk about something real...like hmm, I'm just going to shoot those slugs on the window with my DFA 100mm macro
Nice lens..love it!