Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-15-2007, 07:25 PM   #61

QuoteOriginally posted by slipchuck Quote
Ripper, Randy!! Right on the nail!!!

04-15-2007, 07:54 PM   #62
Inactive Account

shure there is a lag, does feel slower,
Pentax K10D Digital Camera - Full Review - The Imaging Resource!

for most parts, think its psychological, yeah my canon feels faster, shure it's not an F5,
think the sound of the mirror returning has to do with it.
the slowest part is still me, getting the shutter to press, otherwise it take a picture,
maybe pentax can add a soundeffect of an F5, that would make me feel shoot faster,
what about that slow 645D, that should feel real slow compared to the K10D,.....

oh, did I mention, did add some rubber strips to the grip, since I'am so used to bulkier cameras, now it feels like glued on, don't want to put it down, oh you got that effect to even without that extra rubber, must be the camera then,....
cheers, Robert
04-15-2007, 08:34 PM   #63
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Far out man!

QuoteOriginally posted by benjikan Quote
Your pompous arrogance is only surpassed by your crass and utterly despicable and repugnant behavior. All I have ever witnessed from you on this forum is verbal aggression mixed with authoritarian almost fascist like behavior.

You really are a piece of work...

Yeah, her mother and I are quite proud of her!

Be careful of the part in RED-Godwin's Law will bite you on the sit-down-place.
04-15-2007, 09:01 PM   #64

'Where's The Beef'!!

Ok, enough already.. show us how these 'defects' or 'better than or greater than' or 'tested by Xxxxxx at Yyyyy.com, who said... .' really affect the camera.. don't let's just bitch about it and wring Your hands.. SHOW US DAMMIT!!!

If these 'Oh my I found a problem in the K10D..., gotta go stir someone' people have proof, let us see it. Constructive critique or suggestions? great, but test it and justify your position with proof.

Sharpness deficiency? VPN, Noise, Shutter Lag, Controls... who cares really, if it affects the majority, it is a problem... if it affects .01%, it COULD be a problem, if no legitimate owner and user of the camera can reproduce it, then it is NOT a problem so why waste time on it.

I see some wonderful images on this and other forums, even point and shoot forums... who cares what they took it with... or how long it took for the shutter to react.. sheesh!

Randy, loved your reply....

Guess I am a true Imaging Agnostic..

Shot taken with an inferior camera and really inferior lens, by a non professional amateur on a bad day...

Attached Images

04-15-2007, 10:05 PM   #65
Veteran Member

Yikes, settle down everyone.

04-15-2007, 10:17 PM   #66

hi guys, wow im at work and just browsing through and saw this thread.. man big discussion huh.. anyway.. here's my 2 cents..

I think may be like you guys said steffi just couldn't tell the diffferent between the shuttle lag and autofocus.. i have the k100d and i know that if there is a shutter lag then it's in the nano seconds and i can't tell the different... and i been doing some fun action shot lately and i love it..

Best test of this?? I been using the 50mm f1.7 prime lens for portrait/people shots.. and when the lens is in M mode and focus is set to Manual.. I CLICK and it's BAM... I think he deserve an break, let see what else he gotta say on the incoming months..

P.S: I dunno if it's a placebo effect or not but when I'm using this 50mm or my 135mm I love the Snappy feeling and the sound the shuttle makes!!!! it's LIKE BAM BAM BAM!! When i have my Tamron 28-200mm in this feeling seems to go away?? may be b/c the prime lens are light? I dunno.. anyway .. that's me rambling on =)
04-15-2007, 10:19 PM   #67
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Gosh dang it, where the heck is this thread going?!?

Steffi, this forum is full of very knowledgable people that are willing to share their opinions, time and talents. All you need to do is ask. People will naturally take the defensive when they feel attacked, which is how our original post came accross. If that was your intention, shame on you. If not, live and learn.

To any and all lurkers or prospective future Pentax owners, the K10D is a tool, just like any other camera. Every camera made has strengths and weaknesses, none are perfect. I have shot nearly every major DSLR out there and could have changed to Nikon or Canon many times over the years for very little money (less than wholesale). I have stayed with Pentax for over 11 years because I feel it has the best strengths, at least for me. I have found something I liked about all the cameras I have shot, and something I didn't. I still like Pentax the best.

04-15-2007, 10:35 PM   #68
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by matix Quote
Ok, enough already.. show us how these 'defects' or 'better than or greater than' or 'tested by Xxxxxx at Yyyyy.com, who said... .' really affect the camera.. don't let's just bitch about it and wring Your hands.. SHOW US DAMMIT!!!

If these 'Oh my I found a problem in the K10D..., gotta go stir someone' people have proof, let us see it. Constructive critique or suggestions? great, but test it and justify your position with proof.

Sharpness deficiency? VPN, Noise, Shutter Lag, Controls... who cares really, if it affects the majority, it is a problem... if it affects .01%, it COULD be a problem, if no legitimate owner and user of the camera can reproduce it, then it is NOT a problem so why waste time on it.

I see some wonderful images on this and other forums, even point and shoot forums... who cares what they took it with... or how long it took for the shutter to react.. sheesh!

Randy, loved your reply....

Guess I am a true Imaging Agnostic..

Shot taken with an inferior camera and really inferior lens, by a non professional amateur on a bad day...

As one Imaging Agnostic to another...well said Phil.

Is it about time we made good on the catch up thing?
I'm off starting the week of April 23, and no specific plans at this stage other than a committment on the evening of April 26.
Cheers
Grant
04-15-2007, 10:40 PM   #69

Took this action shot at a Milwaukee Bucks game Saturday from the top row of the Bradley Center and I didn't notice any shutter lag. I did notice the lack of oxygen up there in the cheap seats, but no shutter lag.

Tom
04-15-2007, 11:25 PM   #70
Veteran Member

Shutter lag..hmmm...testing shots inside?....hmmm....kit lens at f3.5....could it be that you were shooting indoors with low light and a slow lens gave you what you suppose to be shutter lag?
04-15-2007, 11:38 PM   #71
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Lance B Quote
So let me get this straight. Anybody who defends Pentax because they do not see the problem that the original poster sees is a fanboy?
No.

Are you serious?
Yes.

So, I guess the only way to not be labelled a fanboy is to blindly agree with every criticsim?
No.

The second answer the OP got questioned why he was here, and did not address the OP question at all.

The third answer ridicules him and suggests that he gets a disposable camera and leave the forum, since he wasn’t a “Pentax person”.

It’s little things like that that got my attention.
04-15-2007, 11:39 PM   #72
Inactive Account

Sorry mate your right.I dont have your technical jargon so i thought id tell him straight.I just dont see how anyone can say k10d has shutter lag,maybe he just wanted to stir us up.Anyway i respect you and this site so im happy to apologice.
04-16-2007, 12:07 AM   #73
Veteran Member

Gimbal

"The second answer the OP got questioned why he was here, and did not address the OP question at all."

Errrr.....if you read what the OP actually wrote you will see that there is no question but rather a statement of opinion. The resulting responses are from people who own the camera and know well and true that is not the case. Im sorry but you cant blame ppl for seeing this as a inflammatory post as there have been many posted and framed in such a manner (DPR anyone?).

Last edited by Kaimarx; 04-16-2007 at 12:18 AM.
04-16-2007, 12:13 AM   #74
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Gimbal Quote
No.

Yes.

No.

The second answer the OP got questioned why he was here, and did not address the OP question at all.

The third answer ridicules him and suggests that he gets a disposable camera and leave the forum, since he wasn’t a “Pentax person”.

It’s little things like that that got my attention.
Your original post and where I was commenting on states:
" I have lurked the forum for a while and this is a little bit worrying, is this the kind of forum where you have to be a blind fanboy and praise Pentax no matter what? If so, please let me know and I will leave. Blind fanaticism is not what I’m looking for in a forum. "

You didn't intimate who it was directed to, so one can only assume that it was directed at anyone who defends or praises Pentax. If you are upset by a certain poster, please direct your comment to him/her by way of a quote to their original post so that we know it isn't a blanket attack on a group of people. Hopefully we can avoid any confusion in future.

Last edited by Lance B; 04-16-2007 at 05:31 AM.
04-16-2007, 01:41 AM   #75
Veteran Member

Godwin's Law? Not Applicable Here.

QuoteOriginally posted by jfdavis58 Quote
Yeah, her mother and I are quite proud of her!

Be careful of the part in RED-Godwin's Law will bite you on the sit-down-place.
That is an interesting misconception. A false premise.... Hitler and "Fascist like" are not "exclusively" synonymous.

"Godwin's Law can itself also be abused, as a distraction or diversion, to fallaciously miscast an opponent's argument as "Hyperbole", especially if the comparison the argument made were actually appropriate."

Last edited by benjikan; 04-16-2007 at 02:55 AM.