Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-24-2009, 12:35 AM   #1

K20d settings on fine tune WB! Help?

I'd love to hear about peoples settings on fine tunning WB, i know the k20d can do anything to correct the original redish WB for skin tones, i just wanna get closer to a more neutral skintone before PP the raws so i can save some time later. Thank's in advance.

04-24-2009, 06:56 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Start with a calibrated and profiled computer monitor and work backwards from there. There is no point in only calibrating one part of your system if the other part is left to float.
After that, it really is just adjusting the camera to ensure that the output is visually pleasing.
04-24-2009, 10:59 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
If you're planning to tweak wb in PP anyhow, then I don't see how it saves much time at all to have it "close" in camera - you're still going to spend the time correcting it. But if you do find it saves time to have it close to start with, shoot a gray card at the beginning of the session, correct it's WB using the auto controls in your PP software, then simply copy that WB setting that to the rest of your pictures.
04-24-2009, 12:28 PM   #4

Original Poster
Thank you guys but i was hoping for some M1/G1s combinations kind of formulas to compensate better the redish of the k20d. I know is not a big deal but i'm too lazy to do it now maybe somebody did that matching with his fuji's S skin tones?

04-24-2009, 01:37 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
i am not sure on the K20 if the same function as K10 exists for WB.

on the K10 if you take a shot, and select WB through the function button, it shows the last image taken (in buffer) and interactively changes it with the WB settings you set. This does nothing for the image you just took, but it will use these settings for the remainder of the shoot until you reset them.