Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-24-2009, 03:51 AM   #1

The "Other K20D"

I am looking at the K20D. Samsung off the GX20, which is the same camera, cheaper, rebadged, with different firmware and a menu, right?

I think not.

It is the same camera or as near as....but what I think you are paying for with Pentax is service service service..

I have not actually experienced Pentax service, although I have owned several Pentax cams over the years...point one . But I DAGS Samsung customer service complaints....and the results were truly awesome! Awesomely bad.

I have just had experience with Samsung. I was wondering if the kit lens was dust-proof. So I rang them...."Could I start with you name please?"..Nick...to sales dept, who knew "just the person"...."Could I start with you name please?"...Nick, now I want to find out about the GX20 and the lens...."I will out you through to tech support"...."Could I start with you name please?"....Nick. Now about this GX20 camera lens.."A what?" A GX20. "And it's a what?" ...c a m e r a. ....What model? G for Gerald, X for Xray 2 0. "Do you want to buy one?" ..no I am here because you are the tech guys. Now. About the lens..."Oh. Hang on.....mumble mumble...Is it a really new camera?" ....nnnnnooooooo "Oh look I will out you through to sales" nnnnnoooooooo. "Oh...umm.. what was it?"

I hang up.

I ring back to complain "Could I start with you name please?" Nick. "Nio I need Hyour surname and phone number"....Nick....ummmmm SMITH! "OK. . ... /. ....You are not on our database" no of course not. I told you I was looking at buying the camera, and was given very poor service and I want to complain....."Hang on. I will out you through to the sales dept."

It got worse and ended with me saying very rude words and "Record THAT".

Buy a Pentax. Samsung just do not care.

Nick

04-24-2009, 05:54 AM   #2

You should try the same conversation with Pentax before you start making comparisons. The chances of speaking to anyone at any large electronics company who have even heard of a particular model of product is remote.

About 25 years ago I did once manage to get through to some techies at Philips Electronics who knew what they were talking about.

I dont think I've managed it with any other company since.
04-24-2009, 07:06 AM   #3

Original Poster
I do take your point. I should wait until Monday and try the same trick..

by the same token I should look at the total sales of Samsung vs Pentax, before I look a the complaints.

It was just SO appalling, and the list SO long, that I reacted.

Nick
04-24-2009, 01:58 PM   #4

Original Poster
I will comment that I use Fujitsu aircons always now. I don't know if they are better or worse as products, but in Aust at least, their customer service has been outstanding, before and after purchase. People who answered your questions, and actually gave meaningful answers.

So there is _one_ big company that still manages.