Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-24-2009, 09:12 PM   #46
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ryan s Quote
Too many numbers and calculations going on in this thread...skimmed page 1...got bored...went to page 3.

I just got this email (and I hope the images show up...let me know if not and I'll rehost them) :

So with that...I leave this thread only to check on it if others can't see the pics. Have fun with all the mind-numbing number crunching. Good that some people care, cause I sure don't
Where was the focus point set? If he had focused at the tree, then of course he would need f/22 to get the flowers in focus. However, with the lens set to focus at the hyperfocal distance, he may have been able to get away with a wider aperture.
I often take pictures at f/16, so this is not a critique of any kind, I'm just saying that the point of focus matters as well, not just the f-number.

05-24-2009, 10:41 PM   #47
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Ummm...I have no idea since I wasn't there lol

The text was copied in its entirety with just a quick copy -> paste.

If I had to guess, I would say either the tree was focused on or maybe a bit before it (since depth of field extends further past the focus point than in front).

I have a mind to do some experiments but I hate tests so they would just be informal. Don't have any great scenic mountain views around these parts but there has to be something out there worthy of f/22 that's not macro.
05-25-2009, 08:56 AM   #48
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ryan s Quote
Ummm...I have no idea since I wasn't there lol

The text was copied in its entirety with just a quick copy -> paste.

If I had to guess, I would say either the tree was focused on or maybe a bit before it (since depth of field extends further past the focus point than in front).

I have a mind to do some experiments but I hate tests so they would just be informal. Don't have any great scenic mountain views around these parts but there has to be something out there worthy of f/22 that's not macro.
It was a rhetorical question
05-25-2009, 09:56 AM   #49
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Yeah...and I gave a sarcastic response with the "lol" at the end