Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-24-2007, 01:03 PM   #16
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by PeterAM Quote
I think that the previous posts have pretty much touched on the main issues. I would like to see a card (or two) that can be carried with the camera and covers primary functions and the like. As an example, I tend use one or two modes most of the time. When I need a different approach, I can't always totally remember how/why to reset. As an example, I carry a little card with shorthand instructions for using a manual lens because I don't do it that often. The trick here would be the determination of what goes on the cards.
Thanks for your efforts.
Actually, that is in the works and I plan to send to everyone that purchased the book. What I am working on is a bookmark, plastisised, containing such information.

Thanks for your suggestion.

Yvon Bourque
k10dbook home

04-24-2007, 04:21 PM   #17
Forum Member

Hi there...it's been awhile since I posted here (or anywhere for that matter). Just getting back into the swing of things.

With respects to the book. I agree with Steven(Volosong) and others. I don't think I can expand on what they wrote but I do agree that paying $10-$15 for an electronic copy, I wouldn't hesitate. As a matter of fact, anything less than $20US/CDN gets my attention if its of interest, and I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

I, too, also own the K10D and would really like something that covers what's been mentioned and I am tempted to pick up this book as even at $25, its not that bad, considering what I've seen on your site. Especially the time and effort part of it. I just wonder if now, there may be a newer/updated version with some of these suggestions (e.g., flash usage - the 540 in particular for me).

Anyhow....I think this is great and I'll keep my eye on this thread to look for some more reaction and possible a 2nd edition of your book!

Thanks for doing this!

Sincerely,
04-24-2007, 04:57 PM   #18
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Joseph D. Quote
Hi there...it's been awhile since I posted here (or anywhere for that matter). Just getting back into the swing of things.

With respects to the book. I agree with Steven(Volosong) and others. I don't think I can expand on what they wrote but I do agree that paying $10-$15 for an electronic copy, I wouldn't hesitate. As a matter of fact, anything less than $20US/CDN gets my attention if its of interest, and I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

I, too, also own the K10D and would really like something that covers what's been mentioned and I am tempted to pick up this book as even at $25, its not that bad, considering what I've seen on your site. Especially the time and effort part of it. I just wonder if now, there may be a newer/updated version with some of these suggestions (e.g., flash usage - the 540 in particular for me).

Anyhow....I think this is great and I'll keep my eye on this thread to look for some more reaction and possible a 2nd edition of your book!

Thanks for doing this!

Sincerely,
Thank you for your comments. At the present time, the book is selling in small numbers (hundreds sold, not thousands) and since I am self-published, I produce them also in small quantities and unfortunately the cost is pretty high. On the other hand, producing them in small quantities allows me to update the book as we go with the suggestions of the end users. I will be posting updates as the book changes free for downloading. Since the book has been shipping with spiral binding, it is easy to replace pages.

I might issue the book as an E-book for cheaper, say $15.00 but one would only be able to read it and not print. There is also something different about reading a real paper book. That would certainly be easy to update but what if one wants to bring the book on photo trecks? Let me know if that is something that would work. I could always do both.

Y. Bourque
k10dbook home