Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-27-2009, 08:14 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Question re: K10d LCD

I know many don't trust the image on the LCD and opt to view just the histogram. My questions are: Given the resolution of the screen, small size, etc. Will scrolling in closer give any meaningful info. as to the actual sharpness of the image file ?

What magnification would be roughly equivalent to 100% and is that even relevant (see question above.)?

Lastly, Why is it that some colors seem so far off what I am seeing? Specifically, green foliage. Even underexposing can't seem to rein in the artificial neon green. No matter how I change my brightness or change the jpeg image tone setting normal vs. bright I get the same...blah.

Thanks.

04-27-2009, 08:20 PM   #2
Damn Brit

Don't worry too much about the percentages. You can certainly scroll to zoom in and it will give you a fair indication of whether it is in focus or not. Softness is not quite so easy to tell.
Histogram will only give you an indication that the exposure is right, it won't tell you anything about sharpness.

Your colours could be off due to exposure, white balance or just your jpeg settings.
04-29-2009, 07:11 PM   #3

Photos: Gallery
I've found that the 6X magnification view in the LCD is close to 100%.