Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-17-2009, 09:04 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by FotoPete Quote
oh god haha you guys had me like wincing in pain throughout this thread! Its a possibility the previous owner cleaned it with something he/she wasn't supposed to...or it could have been someone who picked up your camera recently, saw some dust and decided to give it a wipe or two. (did you notice the obstruction when you first got it from KEH?)

Like the other posters mentioned, the screen's plastic. I only use the blower bulb and at most (worst) my shirt (only the 100% cotton stuff).

I'd look into getting replacement part. $12 ain't bad at all for clearer vision!

(about the parts diagram, I agree it looks to be part 239)
Yea. Can I install it myself?

12-24-2010, 12:50 PM   #17

Replace your viewport display (How To)

Hello there, since a few hours ago I also have this problem. After cleaning my equipment I realized my viewport's foggy effect. I left my camera back for 11 days - a friend used it - damn! It happend. For sure this thread exactly gave me the answers I was looking for. Now its pending on Pentax support's reaction time. But to enhance speed: Does anybody have the explosion drawing for the K100D Super? Maybe also the support manual? When I get my parts from support, I'm going to change my viewport (and maybe also upgrading the focusing screen). I was thinking about recording the process and give it as an illustrated tutorial to the board community. Is there any need for that?

Last edited by mateiasu; 12-24-2010 at 12:51 PM. Reason: Copying issue