Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-02-2009, 09:10 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
K20D image shake tops others

Care to read the following: (Shutterbug comment/test, about image stabilizing methods and limits.

Shutterbug: Do You Know Your SBA?

extract "To test my Pentax K20D and 18-250mm Pentax lens (at 300mm equivalent) I shot a series similar to the Canon 5D Mark II and cropped the 14,500,000 pixel images to 900x300. To my delight I discovered that the body-integral Image Stabilization in my Pentax allowed me to shoot down to 1⁄25 sec at the 200mm setting. Because of this strong performance and—most importantly—because my Pentax delivers Shake Reduction (their term) with all of my Pentax lenses, I’ve declared the K20D the overall winner of the SBA competition. Other companies offer a selection of stabilized lenses—and for the most part, they’re terrific. But with my Pentax I can enjoy the Anti-Shake benefits with my macro lens, 50mm f/1.4, and other types of lenses that are not available in IS versions".

05-03-2009, 02:12 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Moved from Article Submissions to DSLR Discussion.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers: