Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-17-2007, 11:49 AM   #1

LBA: 16-45mm Is here (WARNING BIG PIX)

You know what's the greatest feeling? I roll out of bed around 1:30 PM --- and as soon as I finish brushing my teeth and went to the living room -- I heard a big truck noise, look outside and here's the MR. UPS!! w00t..

so here's some intial shot .... I love the near fish eye effect...

Last edited by johnyeros; 04-17-2007 at 11:54 AM.
04-17-2007, 12:06 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Congrats on your new lens. Looks like you are off and running with it. Enjoy!
04-17-2007, 02:30 PM   #3

Congratulations!

It is a superb piece of glass! I myself can compare it in every IQ aspect with Canon 17-40 L-series (and price to IQ comparison in Europe), and my guess (and experience) is... Pentax 16-45 is more suitable (not fair, now shooting with Pentax again :-)) but still: it stays on camera about 80% of time- and as of European prices on DA* 16-50/2.8... I seem to be happy (and beyond) with it at least a year further!
Best and happy shooting, JR
04-17-2007, 03:23 PM   #4
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
It is a great lens that gets a lot of use on my cameras.

On a side note; based on some of your photos I think your floor may be quite uneven so please be careful to not let that nice lens roll off the counter.

Also, the guy in two of the photos seems to be reaching for your camera. Tell him he will have to get his own.

Lastly, please pay no attention to my bad humor.

04-17-2007, 03:33 PM   #5

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by davemdsn Quote
It is a great lens that gets a lot of use on my cameras.

On a side note; based on some of your photos I think your floor may be quite uneven so please be careful to not let that nice lens roll off the counter.

Also, the guy in two of the photos seems to be reaching for your camera. Tell him he will have to get his own.

Lastly, please pay no attention to my bad humor.
lol.. Yes. It looklike this lens is design to be on my k100d. Look like my camera body found a HEAD!!!
04-17-2007, 04:30 PM   #6
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by johnyeros Quote
lol.. Yes. It looklike this lens is design to be on my k100d. Look like my camera body found a HEAD!!!
I agree that it is like the natural extension of the camera. I think the 16-45 was designed to be the "standard" lens for Pentax DSLRs, but the expense forced them to put out the 18-55 to get the kit price where they wanted it. Just my thoughts. Anyway, you will surely enjoy your new lens.
04-17-2007, 05:06 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
thanks for sharing the opening the box photos! The flower shot is great! Hope you enjoy the lens!