Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-03-2009, 01:00 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Spot on my pictures

Hello could someone please help me here, my camera has a dirt particle or something like that and you can see it on the pictures. Here I'm going to post a couple of pictures where you can see it.

Here the spot is on the right.

Here the spot is on the left.

Thank you

05-03-2009, 01:20 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Thread moved.

You'll need to clean your sensor by selecting the sensor cleaning option from your camera menu, and then using a rocket blower or something similar to get the dust out of there. If you have a K10D or K20D, you can use the Dust Removal feature to attempt to get rid of the dust particle as well.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
05-03-2009, 01:32 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Assuming these are both uncropped images, I'd have to guess you've got a rather large piece of lint on your sensor that is moving around when the shuttle flaps open. Try the in-camera sensor cleaning shake and then take a few test shots looking for dust (best thing to do is set the aperture to f/22, manually focus at the closest focus setting and take a shot of a blank portion of the daytime sky) and see if you can't correct the problem. Otherwise, you'll need to try the Rocket Bower technique to blast the debris off the sensor. Good luck!
05-03-2009, 09:22 PM   #4
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Robert S Donovan Quote
Assuming these are both uncropped images, I'd have to guess you've got a rather large piece of lint on your sensor that is moving around when the shuttle flaps open. Try the in-camera sensor cleaning shake and then take a few test shots looking for dust (best thing to do is set the aperture to f/22, manually focus at the closest focus setting and take a shot of a blank portion of the daytime sky) and see if you can't correct the problem. Otherwise, you'll need to try the Rocket Bower technique to blast the debris off the sensor. Good luck!
Or the first shot was taken with the grip/shutter release at the top of the vertical position and the next shot was taken with the grip/shutter release at the bottom of the vertical position, or vice versa of course.

05-03-2009, 10:20 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteQuote:
Robert S Donovan: Assuming these are both uncropped images, I'd have to guess you've got a rather large piece of lint on your sensor ......
I must agree, especially after looking @ the eXIF which shows relatively large apertures used for these samples--f4 & f4.5. Stop that lens down to f8 and smaller and watch the spot grow in intensity for sure.
05-09-2009, 09:02 AM   #6
Veteran Member

that is one big, for sure!
Grab a cleaning kit from Pentax, to be sure you get it out. You don't want that thing inside your camera/