Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-04-2009, 07:12 PM   #1

Custom Color Settings with K200D

So I am relatively new to my K200d and have started to adjust the custom color settings. I was wondering if any of the more "seasoned" users had some advice to get the most "natural" photos.

05-04-2009, 07:19 PM   #2
Damn Brit

Posted in wrong forum, moved to DSLR discussion.
05-04-2009, 07:22 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
The most natural settings depend on the lens, on the scene, and on your tastes. For best results, shoot RAW and tweak things in PP. Aside from that, there really isn't anything that can be objectively said about it. If there were objectively "best" settings that worked for any scene, Pentax would simply makes those the defaults and not bother letting you change them.

Last edited by Marc Sabatella; 05-05-2009 at 11:55 AM.
05-06-2009, 09:42 AM   #4

Original Poster
1. Sorry I realised after posting I was in the worng section, thank you for moving it.
2. I see your point, I have been shooting some in RAW and "fixing" it to my taste after. I was just curious if people had "tweaked" the settings on the camera to get a more natural color balance, contrast, etc...

Thanks for your help on this.

05-06-2009, 10:06 AM   #5
Veteran Member

The named color settings on the K200D are simply pre-set selections of the individually adjustable values. I typically use my K200D with the color setting on Natural. I've experimented with Bright but I decided it didn't offer much that couldn't be achieved in PS. I think the B&W option is a good one only if you have no post processing software available. I do like the Vibrant option. It's not quite as over the top as Velvia but it does nicely punch up the colors.

Again, the color settings are handy if you print straight from the camera. Post processing offers more versatility though.