Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-07-2009, 12:07 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by rfortson Quote
Hey Rob,

Here's how I tracked the stores down. Print out the list above of the stores closing. There are two groups on the last page that are in the Houston area (including Katy, Missouri City, Sugarland, Stafford, etc). I then went to Yahoo Local and searched for all the Ritz Camera stores in Houston, TX. This gave me a 3 page list. Out of that list, I got the phone numbers of the stores I would consider driving to (Katy and Spring were out - too far). The San Felipe store seemed to have a good bit of gear (well, they did until I got there, but I did leave a K10D there for $299). There's a Westheimer store that's outside the beltway that's closing, but I didn't make it out there. I only went to the one store.

When I called and checked prices on the non-closing stores, I was quoted typical prices, so I'd only go there to check the clearance stock. That's how I found my first K100D Super on Sunday. It was on clearance, and then because it was the floor model, they reduced it further.

Call around to the stores nearest you, and then take a drive with your bank card. Happy hunting!
Hey Russ!!

I live near Katy. I'm gone definatly check it out! Thanks Houston Texan and Go Rockets!!!!

05-07-2009, 01:09 AM   #17
Forum Member

This aftrernoon, I stopped by the Wolf Clearance Store on Harry Hines Blvd here in Dallas, I got a K100D Super for $209, now I can use all my Pentax Glass again first time since my K100D died! woot!
05-07-2009, 10:53 AM   #18
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Marilith Quote
This aftrernoon, I stopped by the Wolf Clearance Store on Harry Hines Blvd here in Dallas, I got a K100D Super for $209, now I can use all my Pentax Glass again first time since my K100D died! woot!
Hello fellow Texan.

I grew up and Fort Worth and I just called my cousin to let him know were to go in the Metroplex.

Welcome to the forum!
05-07-2009, 02:57 PM   #19
Veteran Member

I picked up a K100D Super for $244 on Sunday. Now that I have the handy-dandy list, I'll be making some calls around Houston.
Thanks Russ. Went to the Katy Mills Mall and bought a K100D Super for $227!

Hurray!

05-07-2009, 02:58 PM   #20
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by AlexM Quote
Here is the list of Ritz and Wolf Camera store locations that are closing:

http://mms.businesswire.com/bwapps/mediaserver/ViewMedia?mgid=178358&vid=1&download=1

Alex
Thanks Alex! Went to Ritz here in Houston and paid $227 for a new K100D Super!
05-07-2009, 07:39 PM   #21
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by res3567 Quote
Thanks Russ. Went to the Katy Mills Mall and bought a K100D Super for $227!

Hurray!
Hey Rob, the San Felipe store had 2-3 kit lenses for $50. If you need a lens to keep on the K100D Super, that's not a bad price. They also had the new AF200 flash (pretty simple, no tilt or swivel) for $75.
05-07-2009, 07:45 PM   #22
Veteran Member

Hey Rob, the San Felipe store had 2-3 kit lenses for $50. If you need a lens to keep on the K100D Super, that's not a bad price. They also had the new AF200 flash (pretty simple, no tilt or swivel) for $75.
Are they the I or II?

Katy Mills did not have any.

Just a K110D kit and and a K100D kit.

And there it was.........

That K100D Super body!

You know what happened next!!!!
05-07-2009, 08:51 PM   #23
Inactive Account

A few days ago I went to the Wolf in Southlake Mall in Morrow, GA (south of Atlanta) to get a K10D but a guy came in about 2 days earlier and bought the two they had left. So instead my wife got a K100D Super for Mother's Day (and anniversary in less than a month). Now she can quit borrowing mine. However my wife went into one of the non-closing Wolf Camera stores in Jacksonville today and they had some stock sent to them from a store that had already closed. She called me and told me she had bought the K10D for me ($299) for an anniversary, Father's Day and birthday present combined.

Since Wolf started their closeout I've bought:
Tripod (Center section removes to become a monopod)
5 in 1 reflector set
Lighting set with tent
K100D Super
DA 50-200
(2) Remote F
K10D

The last four weeks have been expensive!!!!!

CW

05-07-2009, 09:54 PM   #24

It's supposed to hit 50% tomorrow...not sure.

I am eyeing (probably still won't be able to afford though) the 16-50mm DA* and the 50-135mm DA*, if 50% off, they should be $500 and $450 respectively.
05-08-2009, 12:39 AM   #25
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by straightshooter Quote
A few days ago I went to the Wolf in Southlake Mall in Morrow, GA (south of Atlanta) to get a K10D but a guy came in about 2 days earlier and bought the two they had left. So instead my wife got a K100D Super for Mother's Day (and anniversary in less than a month). Now she can quit borrowing mine. However my wife went into one of the non-closing Wolf Camera stores in Jacksonville today and they had some stock sent to them from a store that had already closed. She called me and told me she had bought the K10D for me ($299) for an anniversary, Father's Day and birthday present combined.

5 in 1 reflector set
Lighting set with tent
K100D Super
DA 50-200
(2) Remote F
K10D

CW
I know, I know.

I will probably hit another one tommorrow on the other side of town.

Goodness!!
05-08-2009, 01:16 AM   #26
Forum Member

Hello fellow Texan.

I grew up and Fort Worth and I just called my cousin to let him know were to go in the Metroplex.

Welcome to the forum!
Thank you kindly, I can now use all the Takumars my Dad gave me again too
05-08-2009, 09:25 AM   #27
Veteran Member

Are they the I or II?
They are the original (I) lenses.

I think I'm going treasure hunting tomorrow. Is it worth the drive to Katy Mills? I think I'll hit the Westheimer store and the Missouri City store. I'd love to find an AF540 flash somewhere.
05-08-2009, 09:26 AM   #28
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by straightshooter Quote

5 in 1 reflector set
Lighting set with tent
K100D Super
DA 50-200
(2) Remote F
K10D

CW
My sister lives in Jonesboro and I've been telling her to hit some of the stores (of course, I've hit the ones here pretty hard on her behalf).
05-08-2009, 11:25 AM   #29
Inactive Account

My sister lives in Jonesboro
Then she's just down the road from the Southlake store but they have been pretty much cleaned out now except for a few lighting sets, some camera bags and the rest is pretty much junk. Don't know what they have on sale but she might try the Stockbridge store on State Road 138 (which by the way runs from Jonesboro to Stockbridge) It's not one that is closing but like I said earlier, my wife got a pretty good deal on a K10 in Jacksonville at a non-closing store.

Oh, I forgot to add to my list earlier that I also bought a AF540 from Adorama in late March so it's actually been an expensive month and half.

CW
05-08-2009, 03:01 PM   #30

Congratz to all who have found a bargain or two. :=)