Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-09-2009, 08:58 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
How to ISO in "P" Mode

I have a quick question. I usually use the Av mode. Now I'm experimenting with the "P" mode. The rear e-Dial set the aperture. The front e-Dial sets the shutter speed. Now is there a way to change ISO without using the Fn button? Thanks in advance.

05-09-2009, 09:36 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Stratario Quote
I have a quick question. I usually use the Av mode. Now I'm experimenting with the "P" mode. The rear e-Dial set the aperture. The front e-Dial sets the shutter speed. Now is there a way to change ISO without using the Fn button? Thanks in advance.
Assuming you have your K10d at current firmware, both cameras will use the front e-dial for ISO when you press the [OK] button.
05-09-2009, 09:44 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks that did it.
05-12-2009, 04:11 PM   #4
Veteran Member

I am thanking too! I think I saw that in manual, but forgot it completely, I have been pushing the Fn and selecting from menus or cranking the limits with the dials, quite cumbersome! A lot easier with our advice now!

One question though, is there a quick way to get the ISO back to AUTO setting again after using the quick method?

05-12-2009, 04:19 PM   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by gawan Quote
One question though, is there a quick way to get the ISO back to AUTO setting again after using the quick method?
Don't have my K10K here, and have never used auto ISO, but let me guess: OK and green button?
05-12-2009, 04:26 PM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by SOldBear Quote
Don't have my K10K here, and have never used auto ISO, but let me guess: OK and green button?
Good guess! I tried just the green button, but of course, to reverse, use the similar method: green button but with the OK button, thanks, should have guessed it!
05-12-2009, 05:43 PM   #7
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Be aware on K20D that P mode does not always do what you expect. When turning rear dial to envike Av mode making the aperture smaller slows the sutter until the 1/focal length, then starts upping ISO. When invoking Tv mode however it does not automatically adjust the ISO, which is really really dumb, and I know that Pentax are aware of this and was hoping for a firmware fix for this obvious programming error, but no such luck.