Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-21-2007, 04:09 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Thanks. This is definitely more in line with my miniscule budget.

I don't see a handling tab in the image. Does it not have one?

04-21-2007, 08:21 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Mike Cash Quote
Thanks. This is definitely more in line with my miniscule budget.

I don't see a handling tab in the image. Does it not have one?
Mine does, but I'm not sure if they all do or not. I believe they mill them from other cameras' focusing screens, so it might depend on the individual one you get. Not sure though.
04-22-2007, 04:40 PM   #18

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Finn Quote
Well, my camera consistently underexposes by 0.5-1 stop shooting indoors, so I am used to regularly bumping the EV's. I just check the histogram now and again, and go on my merry way.
So, does it help significantly in manual focusing? Does it outweigh the inconvenience of having to remember to adjust the exposure?

I'm just afraid I'd forget to compensate.
04-22-2007, 05:46 PM   #19
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Actually, now that I've been using it for a few days, I've noticed that the screen has actually balanced out the camera's chronic underexposure, so now it's right on. I double check the histogram on the digital preview if it's especially bright and/or dark out, but that's no different from before. And yes, the split prism is totally invaluable for manual focusing. Nearly all my photos are in focus now, compared to ~50% before.

04-22-2007, 09:15 PM   #20

Photos: Gallery | Albums
That sounds good. I may have to get one of those.
So your K100 underexposes consistently? I hadn't heard of that being a problem before.
Thanks for the review!
04-25-2007, 05:37 AM   #21
Veteran Member

I placed an order with the fellow this morning, and he says delivery should be in 10-15 days. I'll be happy if it shows up in a month.

Today at work I tried my hand at removing the focusing screen. Total piece of cake. Nothing difficult about it at all. It was good to finally remove a couple pieces of major dust which had been annoying me for two months.

I was amazed that specks which are annoyingly large through the viewfinder are practically invisible when viewed with the naked eye directly on the screen. I used a 135mm lens as a loupe to help me spot the specks so I could blow them off.